Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Intel CPU benchmarks
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Intel CPU benchmarks Post 52461 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 18th of June 2004 02:19:57 PM
Old 06-18-2004
This thread mentions AMD vs Intel...

Sharky Extreme.com

Athlon XP Model Core Speed (FSB)
Athlon XP 3200+ (Barton) 2.2 GHz (400)
Athlon XP 3000+ (Barton) 2.167 GHz (333)
Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton) 2.083 GHz (333)
Athlon XP 2800+ ..............2.25 GHz (333)
Athlon XP 2700+ ..............2.167 GHz (333)
Athlon XP 2600+ ..............2.083 GHz (333)
Athlon XP 2600+ ..............2.13 GHz (266)
Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton) 1.83 GHz (333)

Athlon XP 2400+ ..............2.00 GHz (266)
Athlon XP 2200+ ..............1.80 GHz (266)
Athlon XP 2100+ ..............1.73 GHz (266)
Athlon XP 2000+ ..............1.67 GHz (266)
Athlon XP 1900+ ..............1.60 GHz (266)
Athlon XP 1800+ ..............1.53 GHz (266)
Athlon XP 1700+ ..............1.47 GHz (266)

Of course, my 3200AMD runs in game trials at 3GHZ+ in real time high use games....even though it clocks out at 2.2GHZ.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Processing Benchmarks ?

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where to I could find published benchmarks for how a Linux box performs. It would be nice if I could find a comparison to the Windows OS. Thanks, Lance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcstephens
2 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

Instructions for Linux Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: unzip or untar and cd into the bm directory STEP 3: make (Note: there is a pre-compiled Linux binary in the distro, so Linux users don't have to make a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. UNIX Benchmarks

Instructions for UNIX Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: Unzip or Untar STEP 3: make STEP 4: Run STEP: 5: Please login to www.unix.com and post test results along with platform info to: Include (if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX Benchmarks

unix s/w download using benchmarks

I downloaded the unix s/w given in the bench marks to my home laptop. The C: drive isn't partitioned.The instructions are given to unzip, make and run. please list the proper ways to do the commands how to unzipa nd make them. should i partition my hard drive? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravus
3 Replies

5. Linux Benchmarks

Results for Linux Benchmarks

Hi, I was trying to build Linux Benchmarks with latest Intel C++ Compiler. When I used -ipo (inter-procedural optimization) option, arithmetic test (arith.c) failed on execution. The problem is Intel compiler's advanced optimization option (-ipo) optimizes much more than expected and this... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpjain
50 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

VMmark virtualization benchmarks

Hi, We have to make a decision to buy 10 new servers for MS Exchange/Domain Controller running virtual tiles and for hardware we have choice of HP Proliant DL380 G6, Dell PowerEdge R710 & IBM X3650 M2, somebody sent me comparison of VMmark virtualization performance benchmark which states that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding Benchmarks

I need a little clarification in understanding why there would be a need for a benchmark file when used with a backup script. Logically thinking would tell me that the backups itself(backuptest.tgz) would have the time created and etc. So what would be the purpose of such a file: touch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Esxi INTEL cpu vs esxi AMD cpu

Hi i have 2 esxi. one is amd based cpu and the other is intel based cpu. i have a redhat linux machine that was created in amd cpu esxi, now i need to migrate it (powered off) to INTEL based esxi. will the redhat machine will be OK with that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies
SND_ICH(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						SND_ICH(4)

NAME
snd_ich -- Intel ICH AC'97 and compatible bridge device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device sound device snd_ich Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): snd_ich_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The snd_ich bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4) to attach to Intel ICH AC'97 and compatible audio devices. Some later chips, like ICH6/ICH7, depending on wiring can instead implement newer Intel HD Audio specification, which is supported by snd_hda(4) driver. HARDWARE
The snd_ich driver supports the following audio devices: o AMD 768 o AMD 8111 o Intel 443MX o Intel ICH o Intel ICH revision 1 o Intel ICH2 o Intel ICH3 o Intel ICH4 o Intel ICH5 o Intel ICH6 o Intel ICH7 o NVIDIA nForce o NVIDIA nForce2 o NVIDIA nForce2 400 o NVIDIA nForce3 o NVIDIA nForce3 250 o NVIDIA nForce4 o SiS 7012 SEE ALSO
snd_hda(4), sound(4) HISTORY
The snd_ich device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.2. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Jorge Mario G. Mazo <jgutie11@eafit.edu.co>. BSD
January 6, 2009 BSD