Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users User Problem Post 5244 by amolpk on Thursday 9th of August 2001 05:49:53 AM
Old 08-09-2001
Answer

Sometimes it may happen that some users cannot get logins,

well please do the necessary steps for that.

1] Check the network connections using
ping <serverip> -t
2] On unix server machine check the following files as

/etc/hosts :- for host id of all machines who connected to
network
/etc/telnet :
/etc/telnet/init.d : to check telnet opctions.

well best of luck
from
Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user creation problem

hello, Actually I want to create a user for our brower based custom application for the mail access from our mailserver(linux). I create user dummy and I granted all the privileages to dummy user and made dummy equivelent to root and if I tried to create a another user logging as dummy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

create user problem

hello: before I am add user in Linux with " adduser" command . for example system(adduser zzf -p hello); and this command "-p" option is used to create "login password". now i do not find the "-p" option in " adduser " in hp unix os. and i should how to do ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_fei
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add User Problem

Hi all, I got a preconfigured Debian 4 (etch) box. When I add a user, it tells me it added and I can "su" as a new user but I can't login with it through SSH, SFTP, etc. Why? Thanks for your help. (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
30 Replies

4. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

5. Linux

Problem changing user password

Hi all, I'm having an issue resetting an Linux user password. As root, I type 'passwd <username>, enter the new password, but the user is still Access Denied. Can someone assist me in figuring this one out? The box is running "Linux trm62 2.4.21-15.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Apr 22 00:18:24 EDT 2004... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

6. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User login problem

Dear All, Plz help in unixware 7x only root user login & other user not login . message giving permission denied (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
3 Replies

8. AIX

User creation problem

Hi, I am getting tired in creating several users in a day. Can anyone have a script to create several users in the same server, as well as, to create one user in several servers. where i have to put script and how to run the script. Waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding new user problem?

I wan to add a new user. I have executed the following command. The user home directory is created. but password creation shows error. Note: I'm using LDAP Server for user authentication. adduser xxx Adding user `xxx' ... Adding new group `xxx' (1003) ... Adding new user `xxx' (1003) with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

User add problem

I could not create the user name with the number infront of... useradd 8siva useradd: Invalid account name `8siva' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
3 Replies
LOGIN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  LOGIN(8)

NAME
login.krb5 - kerberos enhanced login program SYNOPSIS
login.krb5 [-p] [-fFe username] [-r | -k | -K | -h hostname] DESCRIPTION
login.krb5 is a modification of the BSD login program which is used for two functions. It is the sub-process used by krlogind and telnetd to initiate a user session and it is a replacement for the command-line login program which, when invoked with a password, acquires Ker- beros tickets for the user. login.krb5 will prompt for a username, or take one on the command line, as login.krb5 username and will then prompt for a password. This password will be used to acquire Kerberos Version 5 tickets (if possible.) It will also attempt to run aklog to get AFS tokens for the user. The version 5 tickets will be tested against a local krb5.keytab if it is available, in order to verify the tickets, before letting the user in. However, if the password matches the entry in /etc/passwd the user will be unconditionally allowed (permitting use of the machine in case of network failure.) OPTIONS
-p preserve the current environment -r hostname pass hostname to rlogind. Must be the last argument. -h hostname pass hostname to telnetd, etc. Must be the last argument. -f name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -F name Perform pre-authenticated login, e.g., datakit, xterm, etc.; allows preauthenticated login as root. -e name Perform pre-authenticated, encrypted login. Must do term negotiation. CONFIGURATION
login.krb5 is also configured via krb5.conf using the login stanza. A collection of options dealing with initial authentication are pro- vided: krb5_get_tickets Use password to get V5 tickets. Default value true. krb_run_aklog Attempt to run aklog. Default value false. aklog_path Where to find it [not yet implemented.] Default value $(prefix)/bin/aklog. accept_passwd Don't accept plaintext passwords [not yet implemented]. Default value false. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection or tty associated with stderr. SEE ALSO
rlogind(8), rlogin(1), telnetd(8) LOGIN(8)