Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Snort on openbsd
Operating Systems BSD Snort on openbsd Post 52189 by dkaplowitz on Saturday 12th of June 2004 11:20:58 PM
Old 06-13-2004
Re: Snort on openbsd

Quote:
Originally posted by malcontent
has anyone out there managed to get it up and running ? My initial attempts seem to be quite below par
Can you describe the issues you're having getting it installed? Snort is in ports and many people use it on OpenBSD, so if you could tell us where your installation is failing, we can help you better.

Thanks,

Dave

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

snort port no

Hi, can anybody know snort port no in linux, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Snort/NTOP Placement

I have been asked to place 2 (1 NTOP & 1 SNORT) boxes within our network as part of our tool kit for network monitoring and Intrusion detection. Out network is very simplistic and it layed out like this: internet | | Cisco 1811 Router (8x Layer 2 switch ports) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Snort HTTPS

Is it possible to rule out in alert all HTTPS traffic or rule out all the HTTPS trafic from the alerts on snort ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Error in installation of Snort 2.97.0

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: My system is Redhat 5.6. I want to install snort in my system which requires following dependencies. 1. Libpcap... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Snort 2.9.14 hangs once started

I've been trying to get Snort running on my lab network, but haven't been having much luck. I installed Snort 2.9.14 on both Windows 10 & Ubuntu 18.04 (Running in VirtualBox 5.2.22). I seems to have the snort.conf file set up correctly in both environments, because when I test snort in either... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)