Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help writing simple script Post 5198 by tamdoankc on Wednesday 8th of August 2001 06:00:35 PM
Old 08-08-2001
Java Need help writing simple script

I'm trying to write a simple unix script that will delete files after 30 days of being created. I've never done this before but conceptually it sounds easy. Here is what I'm trying to do:

Get System Date
Get File Date
If (sysdate-filedate>30days)
rm file

All of these files are contained within a single directory and they could have different file names.

thanks!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help for writing a script

Hi, I need help writing a unix script to change the time in the server automatically when it reaches a specified time. Only on the 14th of april, when the time becomes midnight (00:00:00), I need the server to change the time automatically to 23:30:00 and start working on as usual with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amodha
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! writing simple shell script

how would i write a shell script to show the number of lines in which int variable appears in a c++ program. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadleg
3 Replies

3. Programming

Tools for writing a simple syntax checker?

I'm trying to write a small utility for syntax checking. I've tried using Flex/Bison, but these seem too advanced for my task. A simpler tool would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ilja
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a simple loop in perl

Dear all, I am a complete newbie to (perl) programming and I am completely stuck in a project. I have the following arrays @array_1 @array_2 @array_A @array_B @array_C Each element pair of array_1 and array_2 is linked to all elements of a third array (e.g. array_A, array_B or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: docdudetheman
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Writing simple python setup commands

Building software in most languages is a pain. Remember ant build.xml, maven2 pom files, and multi-level makefiles? Python has a simple solution for building modules, applications, and extensions called distutils. Disutils comes as part of the Python distribution so there are no other packages... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with writing simple bash script

I want to write a bash script to: 1. Send an email from localhost to an external gmail account. (gmail then automatically forwards the message back to a pop account on the same server. 2. Script waits 3 minutes then checks to see if the email arrived, and if not, it sends an email to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallyanne
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem writing a simple c shell script

#!/bin/csh echo hello world this is what i got in a text file called ss1. i type "chmod 755 ss1.txt" to make it executable. then when i type ss1 or ss1.txt it says "ss1 command not found" what am i doing wrong? (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pantelis
19 Replies

8. HP-UX

Please help me writing this script

I work on a production server. I have to check one folder named "spool" and delete files under it , which are more than 5 minutes old. I do it manually by writing two commands. touch -t YYMMDDHHMMSS /tmp/timeinfo find /spool ! -newer /tmp/timeinfo -exec rm -rf {} \; I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing a simple script to get total number of cpus/cores in server

Hi, I am very new to scripting and I wanted to write a unix shell script which can give me, 1)number of cpu's in a box 2)number of cores per cpu 3)total number of cores in abox (ie multiplying 1&2) I am also trying to figure out how to check if hyper-threading is enabled in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven12
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies
Date::Calc::PP(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Date::Calc::PP(3)

NAME
Date::Calc::PP - pure-Perl plug-in for Date::Calc SYNOPSIS
You never use this module directly. Use Date::Calc(3) instead! DESCRIPTION
You never use this module directly. Use Date::Calc(3) instead! SEE ALSO
Date::Calc(3), Date::Calc::XS(3). VERSION
This man page documents "Date::Calc::PP" version 6.3. AUTHOR
Steffen Beyer mailto:STBEY@cpan.org http://www.engelschall.com/u/sb/download/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995 - 2009 by Steffen Beyer. All rights reserved. LICENSE
This package is free software; you can use, modify and redistribute it under the same terms as Perl itself, i.e., at your option, under the terms either of the "Artistic License" or the "GNU General Public License". The C library at the core of the module "Date::Calc::XS" can, at your discretion, also be used, modified and redistributed under the terms of the "GNU Library General Public License". Please refer to the files "Artistic.txt", "GNU_GPL.txt" and "GNU_LGPL.txt" in the "license" subdirectory of this distribution for any details! DISCLAIMER
This package is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the "GNU General Public License" for more details. perl v5.16.2 2009-10-30 Date::Calc::PP(3)