Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Frontpage extensions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Frontpage extensions Post 5190 by vagamer2 on Wednesday 8th of August 2001 02:08:56 PM
Old 08-08-2001
Does Unix Support FrontPage extensions

I recently asked my web host to switch my site from an NT server to a Unix server because my web designer knew the code for unix and not for NT. But my web designer does not always have the time to update my site. I do not know code, but am very good with FrontPage. So when I tried to update my site with Frontpage on Unix my Web Host said Unix does not support Frontpage Extensions. Is this True? I am thinking it might not be if your trying to set it up on your webserver. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File name extensions

Hello people, I was wondering if anyone could help me? I want to produce a shell script that changes the filename extension on all matching file. E.G. change all files called ‘something.rtf' to ‘something.doc' by giving the command: Changex rtf doc *where ‘Changex' is the name of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thurrock
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.gz extensions

What do I use to open a file with a .gz extension? I'm guessing I need some kind of "unzipping" tool. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flopper
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Publish FrontPage from Command Line

Does anyone know how to publish a FrontPage site from a command line? Thanks Stewart (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHaddock
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web Server - uploading Frontpage web - will there be problems??

hiya All, New to this Web site stuff. Will be installing Fedora's latest O/S (including Apache) - onto a spare PC Then... Gulp... setting up a Web server. Designing a Web site using WINDOWS FRONT PAGE 2002: * Simply easiest/quickiest way to knock up a basic site. * There won't be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to install FP extensions

Hiya all, (Ops sorry - wrong area in 1st post!) I'm getting the error: Cannot find Apache apxs at /usr/sbin/apxs ERROR: Unable to install mod_frontpage dso (Full error below) (I've tried downloading from both www.rtr.com and www.microsoft... - same error) Please advise! ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extensions

Hey! Do you guys know of a good site that can explain all the Unix commands... I have been using Unix för almost 6 months but still have probelms with things like -u -U -g -G -R -T bla bla bla bla thanks! Dave (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: inkastinka
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignoring certain extensions

Dear Friends, I want to move all the files to temp folder except files having following extensions which are case sensitive. .ttM .Hmt .dMt Request you to guide me to do the same Thank you in advance Anushree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking file extensions

I am trying to store file with certain file extensions to list but having some problems. Here is a part of the code set fryLst = "" set fxtLst = "" foreach f ($AfullNameLst) set fname = $f:r set fext = $f:e if ("$fext" == ".ry") set fryLst = "$fryLst $f" if ("$fext" == ".xt")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls without extensions.

Hello everyone. :) I need to write a script and I'm newbie in it. Sorry for my English, I've been learning that amazing language for one year. Task: Write script called 'myls', "wrapper" program call ls in such a way that you could ask it the name of the file without extension, for example:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sweetheart
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv all files with different extensions to a new name

Hello all! I want to move several files foo.aux foo.log foo.pdf foo.tex to bar_foo.aux bar_foo.pdf bar_foo.tex I am on tcsh % mv foo.* bar_!#:1 is not working. Thank you for your help marek (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: marek
11 Replies
SVNWEB-SERVER(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 SVNWEB-SERVER(1p)

NAME
svnweb-server - simple webserver for SVN::Web SYNOPSIS
svnweb-server [--root DIR] [--port PORT] [--net-server Net::Server] DESCRIPTION
svnweb-server is a webserver that runs SVN::Web. It's an easy way to use SVN::Web without having to set up Apache (or any other web server). The tradeoff is that the server is very simple. But for light use then it may be perfectly acceptable. OPTIONS
--root DIR The directory in which you ran "svnweb-install". Optional, defaults to ".". --port PORT The port the server should listen on. Options, defaults to 8080. --net-server Net::Server The Net::Server subclass to use to create the server. A single, non-forking server is created by default. Other types of server can be created by giving the correct Net::Server subclass. For example, to use a server that forks to handle each request, use "--net-server Net::Server::Fork". SEE ALSO
SVN::Web BUGS
This is a simple server. Accordingly, a few features do not work properly at the moment. Redirects SVN::Web::Browse will redirect the client if the URL is missing a trailing "/". That redirection does not work with this server. That's not an issue for any URLs generated by SVN::Web, but may be an issue for URLs that are entered by hand. This will also affect SVN::Web::List's "redirect_to_browse_when_one_repo" option. cgi_class The "cgi_class" declaration (if any) in config.yaml is ignored. CGI is always used as the CGI class. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-svn-web@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SVN-Web <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SVN-Web>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. AUTHOR
The current maintainer is Nik Clayton, <nikc@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006-2007 Nik Clayton. All Rights Reserved. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-11 SVNWEB-SERVER(1p)