Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting return variable from PL/SQL procedure to shell Post 51864 by google on Thursday 3rd of June 2004 04:42:31 PM
Old 06-03-2004
Here is a thread that describes another method --> Click Here

Also, search the boards...this question has been asked and answered a few times.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

Hello, I need some help from the experts on PL/SQL and Shell scripting. I need a shell script that runs a PL/SQL procedure and gets the values returned from the PL/SQL procedure into the shell variables. The PL/SQL procedure returns multiple values. I was able to assign a single return value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Veera_Raghav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store the return values of stored procedure in unix shell script.

hi i am calling a oracle stored procedure(in the database) from unix shell scripting (a.sh). the called stored procedure returns some values through OUT variables i want to assign the return values of stored procedure in to unix shell script variable. can you provide me the code. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barani75
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

I tried searching the forum for similar posts but its closed now. Would appreciate any help on this. I am trying to capture return value from a select query into a variable. DB is Oracle I am able to spool it to a file but I donot intend to use it. Here is my script that does not work ;) I... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: monie2717
27 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling pl/sql procedure from shell and return values

How could I call an Oracle PL/SQL procedure from any shell (bash) and catch returning value from that procedure (out param) or get a returning value if it's a function. also, I got into trouble when I tried to send a number as a param #!/bin/bash -e username=$1 pwd=$2 baza=$3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pass the Output Values from the PL/SQL Procedure to Shell Script?

hi, Could anyone tell me how to pass the output values of the PL/SQL procedure to Shell script and how to store that values in a shell script variable... Thanks in advance... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning return value of an embedded SQL in a shell script variable

I've a script of the following form calling a simple sql that counts the no of rows as based on some conditions. I want the count returned by the sql to get assigned to the variable sql_ret_val1. However I'm finding that this var is always getting assigned a value of 0. I have verified by executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MxC
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing output of procedure in variable in shell script

Hi guys I am calling one DB2 stored proc through unix. It is giving me below output. I want to capture the value 150 in one UNIX variable in shell script. Please let me know how I can achieve this. Thanks in advance Value of output parameters -------------------------- Parameter Name :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnimavat
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign the return value of the SQL to a variable in UNIX

Hi I am new to UNIX. I am trying the below and getting the error. I am trying to assign the variable with the value of the query result. I want this value to use in the next steps. Created UNIX file (Batch.sh) as below #!/bin/ksh sqlplus callidus/callidus4u@attstcal @Batch.sql ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishBalu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emailing results of a pl sql procedure from UNIX shell script

Hello All, I am writing the below unix script to email the result of a small pl sql procedure: #!/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/orcts/product/9.2.0; export ORACLE_HOME SQLPLUS=$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus sqlplus -s user/pass@Db_instance<<EOF set echo off set feedback off set pages 0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bunty bedi
9 Replies
OUTPUT_ADD_REWRITE_VAR(3)						 1						 OUTPUT_ADD_REWRITE_VAR(3)

output_add_rewrite_var - Add URL rewriter values

SYNOPSIS
bool output_add_rewrite_var (string $name, string $value) DESCRIPTION
This function adds another name/value pair to the URL rewrite mechanism. The name and value will be added to URLs (as GET parameter) and forms (as hidden input fields) the same way as the session ID when transparent URL rewriting is enabled with session.use_trans_sid. Please note that absolute URLs (http://example.com/..) aren't rewritten. This function's behavior is controlled by the url_rewriter.tags php.ini parameter. Note Calling this function will implicitly start output buffering if it is not active already. PARAMETERS
o $name - The variable name. o $value - The variable value. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 output_add_rewrite_var(3) example <?php output_add_rewrite_var('var', 'value'); // some links echo '<a href="file.php">link</a> <a href="http://example.com">link2</a>'; // a form echo '<form action="script.php" method="post"> <input type="text" name="var2" /> </form>'; print_r(ob_list_handlers()); ?> The above example will output: <a href="file.php?var=value">link</a> <a href="http://example.com">link2</a> <form action="script.php" method="post"> <input type="hidden" name="var" value="value" /> <input type="text" name="var2" /> </form> Array ( [0] => URL-Rewriter ) SEE ALSO
output_reset_rewrite_vars(3), ob_flush(3), ob_list_handlers(3). PHP Documentation Group OUTPUT_ADD_REWRITE_VAR(3)