Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic networking questions.
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Basic networking questions. Post 51715 by Zarnick on Friday 28th of May 2004 01:49:44 PM
Old 05-28-2004
Can you tell us what is your network card and sound card????

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

basic networking

Here are some really stupid questions, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing, so any help will be appreciated. I'm trying to learn linux and basic networking. I have 2 computers: one has windows and the other I just installed Red Hat 7.1. In the network configuration screen of the Red Hat... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: satops
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic networking setup in unix

I have a SunOS 5.8 box and have always downloaded & applied patches via my PC, but I want to be able to go out to sunsolve directly from the console ... however, I guess it doesn't know the IP of our domain's DNS server or something. Where are these setting held on a Sun box??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Unix Questions

OK, here's a question from a true UNIX newb: How does one make a 20 line file? I'm lost. :confused: OK, I figured it out. :D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kitchen Zinc
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some basic questions

Hi- Newbie here with some basic questions: 1) I can't get alias to work. I tried alias ll='ls -al', but it doesn't work. When just typing 'alias', the new definition doesn't appear. I'm in a bash shell -- is that the problem. I tried switching to csh, but that didn't seem to help. This... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aworstell
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hp-ux basic questions

I have multiple questions How to list or find only Nov month's files? How can I get state of process like running, stop, or sleep etc? How can I check dependences of processes? plz ans any if u can thx regards, Mazhar Hussain (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazhar99
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Basic networking please help

I am running Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server editions on two separate VMs. For the desktop I have set network adapters: Adapter 1: internal network called intnet Adapter 2: NAT Server: Adapter 1: internal network called intnet Now I'm suppose to set ip addresses which I'm pretty sure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadowcat
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

Basic networking question

Hii, Today morning I attended an interview, they had showed me the attached image and had few questions about that. The image shows a network with 4 nodes viz.. A B C & D and two switches(layer2) and a router(layer3). Just wanted to know can node A and node D would be on same network e.g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
4 Replies

8. Solaris

basic questions on ifconfig -a

lo0: flags=1000849 <UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 qfe0: flags=1004843 <UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.0.0.112 netmask ffffff80 broadcast 10.0.0.127 ether 8:0:20:b9:4c:54 qfe1: flags=1004843... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtamminen
2 Replies
SCF_Card_reset(3SMARTCARD)				    Smartcard Library Functions 				SCF_Card_reset(3SMARTCARD)

NAME
SCF_Card_reset - perform a reset of a smartcard SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsmartcard [ library...] #include <smartcard/scf.h> SCF_Status_t SCF_Card_reset(SCF_Card_t card); PARAMETERS
card The card (from SCF_Terminal_getCard(3SMARTCARD)) to be reset DESCRIPTION
The SCF_Card_reset() function causes the specified smartcard to be reset by the terminal. A card can be reset only if it has not been locked (with SCF_Card_lock(3SMARTCARD)) by another client. A client wishing to reset a card should either first call SCF_Card_lock() to obtain the card lock, or be prepared to retry the reset operation if it fails because another client holds the card lock. When the card is reset, any SCF_Card_t object representing the card will continue to remain valid after the reset. When the reset occurs, an SCF_EVENT_CARDRESET event will be sent to all registered event listeners for the terminal (assuming they registered for this event). This is the only notification of a reset provided to SCF clients. When a client receives this event, it should be prepared to reinitialize any state on the card that might have been interrupted by the reset. New information about the card (for example, ATR, if it changed) can also be available from SCF_Card_getInfo(3SMARTCARD). RETURN VALUES
If the card is successfully reset, SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS is returned. Otherwise, the status of the card remains unchanged and an error value is returned. ERRORS
The SCF_Card_reset() function will fail if: SCF_STATUS_BADHANDLE The specified card has been closed or is invalid. SCF_STATUS_CARDLOCKED The card cannot be reset because another client holds a lock on the card. SCF_STATUS_CARDREMOVED The card cannot be reset because the card represented by the SCF_Card_t has been removed. SCF_STATUS_COMMERROR The connection to the server was lost. SCF_STATUS_FAILED An internal error occured. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Reset a card. SCF_Status_t status; SCF_Card_t myCard; /* (...call SCF_Terminal_getCard to open myCard...) */ status = SCF_Card_lock(myCard, SCF_TIMEOUT_MAX); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Card_reset(myCard); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); status = SCF_Card_unlock(myCard); if (status != SCF_STATUS_SUCCESS) exit(1); /* ... */ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libsmartcard(3LIB), SCF_Card_getInfo(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Card_lock(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Terminal_addEventListener(3SMARTCARD), SCF_Terminal_get- Card(3SMARTCARD), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Feb 2001 SCF_Card_reset(3SMARTCARD)