Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX + backup or mksysb (yes i did a search) Post 5162 by htsubamoto on Wednesday 8th of August 2001 08:26:23 AM
Old 08-08-2001
For backing up vg1 you can use the command "savevg". Look at man savevg. The syntax is simitar to mksysb. tho put it in the same tape, try using for the backup device /dev/rmt0.1 (norewind). I did not the test, but teorically the command will not rewind the tape and the next command will continue in the tape without overwriting the data.

any questions tell me.

HTT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

mksysb backup

How I can to obtain a full Backup of a AIX server with the command "mksysb"?? what is the correct form? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: granador
1 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb backup testing

Hi All i have a number of IBM servers with different models, and i want to do a backup for the rootvg using mksysb and that backup will be stored on a 4mm DDS tape. i have only one machine (p550) which i can use it for testing purposes, so the quesion is that can i test my mksysb backups on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheEngineer
6 Replies

3. AIX

mksysb backup

hi guys, i just want to take my server's mksysb backup through dvd-rom.but am having the doubt that, while am taking the mksysb backup in image it shows 8GB. So can i confirm that it takes 2 dvds and after writing in 1st cd it will ask for 2nd cd?????? please help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrlog
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to list files in AIX 3.2 mksysb backup tape

Hi, Can anyone tell how to list files in a AIX 3.2 mksysb backup tape. Thanks! Victor Cheung (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to restore from mksysb backup

system is not booting ... i want to restore from mksysb backup. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
2 Replies

6. AIX

Need to take MKSYSB backup

Hi, Can any one suggest me how to take the mksysb backup in CD (VCD/DVD). I have tried like #mkcd -d /dev/cd0, but its not working. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oprakash
3 Replies

7. AIX

mksysb backup

hi we are having one rootvg in that we created one lv named mksysb_backuplv and normally script will run accordingly to take the backup in the cron,here i just want to know if any rootfilesystem was correpted like /usr or /tmp ,then how could i restore the particular filesystme from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senmak
1 Replies

8. AIX

MKSYSB backup

Hi, Currently we are taking mksysb backup through smitty mksysb command and directing the backup to happen on a tape.We have inbuilt tape drives in the AIX servers. Can we take the mksysb backup through 3rd party software tool (Symantec netbackup of IBm TSM). If yes what is the procedure and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
4 Replies

9. AIX

Need help with mksysb backup on a DVD

i have an AIX server and planning to upgrade the operating system, before that i want to take a system backup which can be used in case of upgrade failure. i dont have NIM server t hold the mksysb backups. so i have the only option of taking the backup on DVD. i have the following optical drive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikiran_1984
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 7.2 MKSYSB Backup and Restore Best Practices?

Hello, Running AIX 7.2 on Power9 bare-metal (no LPAR and no NIM server), in the process of creating a guide on MKSYSB process. I understand that MKSYSB is a backup of the rootvg and we can exclude stuff via exclude.rootvg file, the rest of the data volumes are mapped to the system as LUNs via... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
7 Replies
BTAPE(8)					     Network backup, recovery and verification						  BTAPE(8)

NAME
btape - Bacula's Tape interface test program SYNOPSIS
btape [options] device-name DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the btape command. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -? Show summary of options and commands. -b bootstrap Specify a bootstrap file. -c config Specify configuration file. -d nn Set debug level to nn. -p Proceed inspite of I/O errors. -t Open the default tape device. -s No signals (for debugging). -v Set verbose mode. COMMANDS
autochanger test autochanger bsf backspace file bsr backspace record cap list device capabilities clear clear tape errors eod go to end of Bacula data for append eom go to the physical end of medium fill fill tape, write onto second volume unfill read filled tape fsf forward space a file fsr forward space a record help print this reference label write a Bacula label to the tape load load a tape quit quit btape rawfill use write() to fill tape readlabel read and print the Bacula tape label rectest test record handling functions rewind rewind the tape scan read() tape block by block to EOT and report scanblocks Bacula read block by block to EOT and report status print tape status test General test Bacula tape functions weof write an EOF on the tape wr write a single Bacula block rr read a single record rb read a single bacula block qfill quick fill command SEE ALSO
bscan(1), bextract(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon@adv-solutions.net>. Kern Sibbald 26 November 2009 BTAPE(8)