Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gcc for solaris 2.6
Top Forums Programming gcc for solaris 2.6 Post 5130 by jennifer on Tuesday 7th of August 2001 10:30:26 PM
Old 08-07-2001
Data gcc for solaris 2.6

Hi Friends,

Is there any website that I can download gcc for solaris 2.6?

thanks
jen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GCC (solaris)

I packed gcc to /usr/local/ with pkgadd and when I wan't to compile a c code file it says gcc: no file how do I configure gcc on Solaris 8 plz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gcc installation in solaris 8

Hi, I am having trouble installing gcc 3.4.2-sol8-sparc-local in my sparc machine running solaris 8. It looks like I do not have enough memory in /var , but I have about 3GB free memory in /export/home. I have read some suggestion from previous threads that said it is possible to link /var and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prosper
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Install GCC on Solaris 8

Hi, I tried to install apache web server on solaris 8 and was prompted that i do not have any valid compiler. I tried to install GCC on solaris 8 using the command #pkgadd -d gcc-2.95.2-sol17-sparc-local (hit enter). May I know how I should set the environment variables to make it work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc-3.4.4 build on solaris 10 failing please help

I am building gcc-3.4.4 on sol-10 and getting the following error. my configure is going well but failing in the build stage *** checking for windres... windres checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no updating cache ./config.cache creating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help in building gcc on solaris.

We are moving from old solaris to new version of solaris. I have copied the gcc compiler installed on old server to new solaris server. But just copying didn't work. So I am trying to build it on the new server. The server version is sailfish@st-kvar02 -> uname -a SunOS st-kvar02 5.10... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalina.hv
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing gcc 2.8.1 on Solaris 10

Folks - This may sound like a newbee question - and it is. But a project that I'm managing is under a time crunch and I need a quick answer. IS it possible to install gcc 2.8.1 on a Solaris 10 Sun box? We have some old libraries that need that version of the compiler in order to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peridot
2 Replies

7. Solaris

gcc -3.4.6 solaris installation error

Hi , I am installing gcc 3.4.6 on SunOS labcvs001sm 5.9 Generic_117171-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 . The isa info is 'sparcv'. I have the following with me a)gcc-3.4.6.tar b)gcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local c)libiconv-1.11-sol9-sparc-local d) binutils-2.18.tar.gz e)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
8 Replies

8. Solaris

gcc not working on Solaris 10

I have a very simple c++ program like: > cat easy_gcc.cc #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/shm.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <ctype.h> int debugging = 1; int main() { printf ("This is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony123
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Help with installing gcc on Solaris 10

I want to install gcc for Solaris 10 to an alternate location besides /usr/local/bin, so I can't use the pre-compiled package from sunfreeware.com. So I assume I need to compile gcc for myself and specify --prefix. How can I accomplish this? Am I pretty much out of luck trying to compile... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srhadden
3 Replies

10. Solaris

gcc problem on Solaris

I just installed gcc from the latest package at sunfreeware.com using pkgadd. I write a simple 'Hello World!' program to test it. I try to compile it and I get this error: rockstar# gcc hello.c -o hello ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)