Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix IMAP e-mail via Outlook showing +10 hours Post 51190 by malcom on Thursday 13th of May 2004 03:09:48 AM
Old 05-13-2004
Good Morning,

I don't have an Idea how to solve your problem, sorry, but in our company we are also using an Unix IMAP eMail server, and a lot of different clients. And we had never such problems, all Outlook Users are happy - we are using Outlook 2002 and 2003.

I hope you will find the solution soon,

Regards from Germany

Malcom

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tell UW-Imap to read /var/mail/mailbox ??

Hi, I've got UW-IMAP installed on Gentoo. I'm using EXIM as the transfer agent. EXIM is working fine (I think)... all incoming mail - external and internal goes to /var/mail/username file. I can verifiy this by reading this file directly with nano. Also, IMAPd is running. It lets me login... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d11wtq
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem sending mail to outlook

i'm a avid fan of making the output of my scripts look pretty. so as a result i put in my scripts a lot of lines that are formed by either ****** or ======= now, outlook seems to have a problem with that. it always removes something that it calls "line breakers" from the emails my scripts send... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX mail to Outlook 2003

I'm trying to move a users multiple folders (archieved email) from a Solaris UNIX system to Outlook 2003. The user accesses the mail via ELM and folder are kept on his home drive, not under /var/mail. I was told I can use either IMAP and/or POP3 to connect to the UNIX server from outlook and just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpennell
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving mail between IMAP folders

Hello all, I have a Cyrus IMAP server running on HP-UX. I have a requirement to run a script every night at midnight, which will take all the mail (read and unread mail) from one IMAP folder, and move it into a different IMAP folder. Both the source and destination IMAP folders belong to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Outlook Mail Rule issue- not reaching the unix server

Hi All, I' m having a pretty strange issue, when I sent an outlook email that is forwarded by rule for example (email sent every day at certain time) to the server is not going through, i cant see it arriving at the Maildir or i have also a procmail rule log that also not reaching... could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyline88
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

9. Linux

Send mail to outlook

Hello Guys, I have a requirement to send an email to outlook from unix script. I have used the below stuff to send an email and it worked on machine A but not on machine B. Please find their versions. Machine A ) Linux xxx 2.4.9-e.40enterprise #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 16:43:01 EDT 2004 i686 unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX mail Format issue : Outlook 2007 and 2013

Hi, I prepare one backup report which drop mail with backup report. Same report looks different in outlook 2013. e.g : In outlook 2013 ( its a dummy example only ) : Server Instance Database Backup Time Status ------------------- --------- --------- -------------- ----------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteshtheone
5 Replies
PST2LDIF(1)						  libpst Utilities - Version 0.6					       PST2LDIF(1)

NAME
pst2ldif - extract contacts from a MS Outlook .pst file in .ldif format SYNOPSIS
pst2ldif [-V] [-b ldap-base] [-c class] [-d debug-file] [-l extra-line] [-o] [-h] pstfilename OPTIONS
-V Show program version. Subsequent options are then ignored. -b ldap-base Sets the ldap base value used in the dn records. You probably want to use something like "o=organization, c=US". -c class Sets the objectClass values for the contact items. This class needs to be defined in the schema used by your LDAP server, and at a minimum it must contain the ldap attributes given below. This option may be specified multiple times to generate entries with multiple object classes. -d debug-file Specify name of debug log file. The log file is now an ascii file, instead of the binary file used in previous versions. -l extra-line Specify an extra line to be added to each ldap entry. This option may be specified multiple times to add multiple lines to each ldap entry. -o Use the old ldap schema, rather than the default new ldap schema. The old schema generates multiple postalAddress attributes for a single entry. The new schema generates a single postalAddress (and homePostalAddress when available) attribute with $ delimiters as specified in RFC4517. Using the old schema also generates two extra leading entries, one for "dn:ldap base", and one for "dn: cn=root, ldap base". -h Show summary of options. Subsequent options are then ignored. DESCRIPTION
pst2ldif reads the contact information from a MS Outlook .pst file and produces a .ldif file that may be used to import those contacts into an LDAP database. The following ldap attributes are generated for the old ldap schema: cn givenName sn personalTitle company mail postalAddress l st postalCode c homePhone telephoneNumber facsimileTelephoneNumber mobile description The following attributes are generated for the new ldap schema: cn givenName sn title o mail postalAddress homePostalAddress l st postalCode c homePhone telephoneNumber facsimileTelephoneNumber mobile description labeledURI COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 by 510 Software Group <carl@five-ten-sg.com> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; see the file COPYING. If not, please write to the Free Software Foundation, 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. VERSION
0.6.59 pst2ldif 0.6.59 2011-05-27 PST2LDIF(1)