Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fonts?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Fonts? Post 51080 by geek01 on Monday 10th of May 2004 04:23:18 PM
Old 05-10-2004
Fonts?

NEWBIE HERE...by default, where are the font files located (ttf's)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printer fonts

Hi, I have a Barcode printer. It's defined as a remote printer on the system. The /etc/lp/interface/<printer> file is printing has a part that enables Hebrew printing. For some reason the Printer is printing in a very small font. I'll attach the interface file: #!/usr/bin/sh # /* @(#)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunbird
3 Replies

2. Linux

Installing new fonts

Hi All, I'm running RH 7.3 and wish to install new fonts on the box ? What are the steps in downloading and installing new fonts ? Thanks, KENT (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kxchen_home
3 Replies

3. Solaris

CDE Fonts

Hi gurus, Interesting little problem here. IVe got an Xmanager installed on my PC. I use it to connect to the DTlogin / CDE sessions I have running on a number of solaris servers. If I connect to server A, I get the login server, which I log into as root, I then start a terminal session,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Fonts on SunOS 5.6

I work in a SunOS server. I want to check which is the default font. Actually I need to check which font is using right now in Terminal and how to change it. Please help me suggesting the command set ---------- Post updated 08-23-09 at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous update was 08-22-09 at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoeb
5 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Question about X fonts

Hi all! Why the cyrillic fonts which are inside the application window (Openwindows, CDE) displays correct, and the cyrillic font which are top of window (CaptionBar) displays not correct? This is caption of window. !#*?":"^& (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Categorisation of fonts

This one thing that has been on my mind for at least a decade. At times I need a font for a specific purpose, but there is no designer around to guide me. I go to sites that offer fonts and locate one that I think is suitable. There seems to be no common categorisation however, that offers criteria... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing fonts with Acroread

Hello I am trying to print pdf on a solaris machine. The acroread works but the font are too big. I am printing on a HP printer. Can anyone advise on how to change the font size, and margins size? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lillyt2006
5 Replies
TTX(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    TTX(1)

NAME
ttx -- tool for manipulating TrueType and OpenType fonts SYNOPSIS
ttx [option ...] file ... DESCRIPTION
ttx is a tool for manipulating TrueType and OpenType fonts. It can convert TrueType and OpenType fonts to and from an XML-based format called TTX. TTX files have a '.ttx' extension. For each file argument it is given, ttx detects whether it is a '.ttf', '.otf' or '.ttx' file and acts accordingly: if it is a '.ttf' or '.otf' file, it generates a '.ttx' file; if it is a '.ttx' file, it generates a '.ttf' or '.otf' file. By default, every output file is created in the same directory as the corresponding input file and with the same name except for the exten- sion, which is substituted appropriately. ttx never overwrites existing files; if necessary, it appends a suffix to the output file name before the extension, as in Arial#1.ttf. General options -h Display usage information. -d dir Write the output files to directory dir instead of writing every output file to the same directory as the corresponding input file. -o file Write the output to file instead of writing it to the same directory as the corresponding input file. -v Be verbose. Write more messages to the standard output describing what is being done. -a Allow virtual glyphs ID's on compile or decompile. Dump options The following options control the process of dumping font files (TrueType or OpenType) to TTX files. -l List table information. Instead of dumping the font to a TTX file, display minimal information about each table. -t table Dump table table. This option may be given multiple times to dump several tables at once. When not specified, all tables are dumped. -x table Exclude table table from the list of tables to dump. This option may be given multiple times to exclude several tables from the dump. The -t and -x options are mutually exclusive. -s Split tables. Dump each table to a separate TTX file and write (under the name that would have been used for the output file if the -s option had not been given) one small TTX file containing references to the individual table dump files. This file can be used as input to ttx as long as the referenced files can be found in the same directory. -i Don't disassemble TrueType instructions. When this option is specified, all TrueType programs (glyph programs, the font program and the pre-program) are written to the TTX file as hexadecimal data instead of assembly. This saves some time and results in smaller TTX files. -y n When decompiling a TrueType Collection (TTC) file, decompile font number n, starting from 0. Compilation options The following options control the process of compiling TTX files into font files (TrueType or OpenType): -m fontfile Merge the input TTX file file with fontfile. No more than one file argument can be specified when this option is used. -b Don't recalculate glyph bounding boxes. Use the values in the TTX file as is. THE TTX FILE FORMAT
You can find some information about the TTX file format in documentation.html. In particular, you will find in that file the list of tables understood by ttx and the relations between TrueType GlyphIDs and the glyph names used in TTX files. EXAMPLES
In the following examples, all files are read from and written to the current directory. Additionally, the name given for the output file assumes in every case that it did not exist before ttx was invoked. Dump the TrueType font contained in FreeSans.ttf to FreeSans.ttx: ttx FreeSans.ttf Compile MyFont.ttx into a TrueType or OpenType font file: ttx MyFont.ttx List the tables in FreeSans.ttf along with some information: ttx -l FreeSans.ttf Dump the 'cmap' table from FreeSans.ttf to FreeSans.ttx: ttx -t cmap FreeSans.ttf NOTES
On MS-Windows and MacOS, ttx is available as a graphical application to which files can be dropped. SEE ALSO
documentation.html fontforge(1), ftinfo(1), gfontview(1), xmbdfed(1), Font::TTF(3pm) AUTHORS
ttx was written by Just van Rossum <just@letterror.com>. This manual page was written by Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system based on the existing FontTools documenta- tion. It may be freely used, modified and distributed without restrictions. May 18, 2004