Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting please help (closed homework thread) Post 50796 by Perderabo on Sunday 2nd of May 2004 09:06:05 PM
Old 05-02-2004
Don't open another thread. Neo has already explained the rules to you.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

my thread got closed

I had a thread open and now it says it's closed. I had a question still on the forum and about 15mins after I posted my most recent question on it the thread said "closed". Why did this happen? I didn't violate any forum rules. Is there a limit on how many postings you can have in a single thread?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread closed when learner has tried

I'm not so sure that this thread should have been closed. Though it was clearly homework the student was asking a specific question related to the assignment, but not the answer to the whole assignment. /www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/107494-how-get-rid.html . IMHO The solution is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: methyl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 homework questions (thread closed)

1st) how can i print only directories? 2nd) how can i print files that someone used in the last X days (for example, 5). thanks very much, i need it for homework and teacher teachs us nothing:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupErioR
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Interview questions [thread closed]

Hi all, i have found a set questions from the net, i thought it will be great to ask and share with you gurus. I have the questions and some answers (correct me, if i am wrong) for these set of questions. 1. What file do you modify to change the mail aliases (Provide the full path) ? Ans:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies
TDB_OPEN(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       TDB_OPEN(3)

NAME
tdb_open - Open a tdb database. SYNOPSIS
#include <tdb.h> TDB_CONTEXT *tdb_open(const char *pathname, int hash_size, int tdb_flags, int open_flags, mode_t mode ); DESCRIPTION
Open the database, creating it if necessary. The hash size is advisory, use zero for a default value. tdb_flags can be one of TDB_CLEAR_IF_FIRST Clear database if we are the only one with it open. TDB_INTERNAL Don't use a file, instead store the data in memory. The pathname , open_flags , and mode are ignored in this case. This is useful if you need a quick associative array or map. TDB_NOLOCK Don't do any locking (this is always turned on for read-only file descriptors) TDB_NOMMAP Don't use mmap. TDB_CONVERT Create a database in the reverse of native endian: normally when the database is created (or cleared with TDB_CLEAR_IF_FIRST), it is created in native endian order. This flag is set (or unset) automatically for existing databases. The open_flags and mode are passed straight to the open call on the database file. A flags value of O_WRONLY is invalid. RETURN VALUE
On success a pointer to an opaque data structure, a TDB_CONTEXT is returned. On error a NULL is returned. AUTHORS
Software: Andrew Tridgell <tridge@linuxcare.com> and Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton Man page: Ben Woodard <ben@valinux.com> SEE ALSO
open(2), gdbm(3), tdb(3) Samba Aug 16, 2000 TDB_OPEN(3)