Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question for school quiz
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question for school quiz Post 50791 by Neo on Sunday 2nd of May 2004 07:47:30 PM
Old 05-02-2004
The rules of the forum are clear.

NO HOMEWORK.

(Thread closed)

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C Programming Quiz

Hey check this out..it's only a 10 question quiz..but it's brain storming. http://mulogic.phpnet.us/drupal I scored 7/10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luv2beuniq
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK quiz

How come every post in this forum is a request for help? How about some fun? What does the following command do? nawk -F'+' ' {i=NF;for(;i;i--)if($i)w++} END{ for(k in w){c=w;x=xk",";if(c>m)m=c} for(;m;m--)if(m in x)print m,x } ' <(man nawk) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
2 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP pop quiz

Hi all, A pop quiz is being organized in my project and I've been appointed as one of the quiz-masters. This is a sample of what we are bringing forth. Feedback is welcome. 1)Name 2 commands used to display cluster state, but doesn't use the clinfoES daemon: a) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: themetalingus
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Quiz help!

Hello, I'm new to Unix and need help answering these questions if possible, thanks. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In a shell script, which command could be place at the end of a command line to combine stderr and stdout into the stdout... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: julianpeters
1 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2011-06-22 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)