Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xterm with Pine
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Xterm with Pine Post 5073 by ober5861 on Tuesday 7th of August 2001 12:20:40 PM
Old 08-07-2001
I think it's all a question of developer choices. Xterm is more of a dumb terminal... not so much there for you to have it look pretty and change it's every little possible config, but more for functionality.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pine

Hi :- I am trying to make a script to send mail using pine. But it takes me to the Pine Menu Console and I have to send it manually. Note that I am attaching a file with it. Any quick response will be highly appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Avoid spam in pine?

Hi there, for email we are using "pine" on SSH. is there any way to block junk mail on pine? i've been lookin for sumthin that allows me to block senders but all my efforts in vain. can sum1 help me on that? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a25khan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pine inbox

i have shell account at grex.org but i cannot get mauil with pine because the inbox cannot be found? any suggestion? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogeek
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble configuring Pine

I am having trouble confiuring pine. I have downloaded it on 2 computers 1 with freebsd and the other fedora and I am getting the same result in both. Both say "folder does not exist","no folder to open". I went into set up and configured personal name,user-domain,smtp-server,inbox-path. I know I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m8trix
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pine

how to configure pine in my linux os (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
1 Replies

6. Solaris

problem installing pine

when i try to build pine unix tells me it can't find make # ./build xxx make args are CC=cc soc Including LDAP functionality ln: cannot create c-client: File exists ln: cannot create mtest: File exists ln: cannot create mailutil: File exists ln: cannot create imapd: File exists ln:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vutty81
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find pine messages

still touching on the basics here: first of all where are my received messages stored in pine? /var/spool/mymail is not it. i guess i cant start my script without knowing this. because i need to move those files into a seperate folder and so on and so forth. I can prolly do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving msgs in pine

hey im writing a script like this: #!/bin/bash #Name: moveMail #Purpose: To move some files in the pine inbox to a folder on the desktop #Step one: Find all messages with that have the subject "Hello" in them. #---------------------------------------------------------------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Pine

I'm learning a little about pine after downloading it. I can't seem to get it to work, though. It can't open the inbox -- it sits there (as the little slash mark rotates) but after a while it stops and can't make the connection, with a message saying that "connection to gmail.pop....(something)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forwarding mail via Pine

I am asking about my work account, running Linux on a system server. On pine, I set up a forward to another email account. I also keep a copy in the original account. The forward has been running fine for some time. I believe the system sends the mail first to the forwarded account and then puts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BLabel
0 Replies
CURSES_DEFAULT_COLORS(3)				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				  CURSES_DEFAULT_COLORS(3)

NAME
curses_default_colors, assume_default_colors, use_default_colors -- curses default colors setting routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int assume_default_colors(short fore, short back); int use_default_colors(); DESCRIPTION
These functions tell the curses library to set the default colors or to use the terminal's default colors instead of using the default colors for curses applications (which are white foreground on black background). The function assume_default_colors(fore, back) sets the default colors to foreground color fore and background color back. If a value of -1 is used for a color, then the terminal default color is used for that color. The function use_default_colors() sets both the foreground and background colors to the terminal default colors. This is equivalent to assume_default_colors(-1, -1). RETURN VALUES
These functions return OK on success and ERR on failure. SEE ALSO
curses_color(3) STANDARDS
These functions are based on ncurses extensions to the curses standards. HISTORY
These functions first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. BSD
October 13, 2002 BSD