Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fun with tar
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers fun with tar Post 504 by PxT on Thursday 7th of December 2000 12:31:37 PM
Old 12-07-2000
Just run a client on each of them, possibly with a personal proxy running on the master node to handle key updates.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Fun with FreeBSD

Fun With Automounting on FreeBSD Link: Nice tips for FreeBSD Unix. http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

like to have fun in terminal

Hai Friends I have installed FreeBSD in my system... I have installed it to work in text mode don't have the GUI. The default text color is Black background with White Foreground. I want it to be with Black background with Green Foreground. How could i do that. Thanks in advance Collins (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

fun scripts

Lets get a list of everyones funny scripts (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with awk

uggc://ra.jvxvcrqvn.bet/jvxv/EBG13 #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { for (n=0;n<26;n++) { x=sprintf("%c",n+65); y=sprintf("%c",(n+13)%26+65) r=y; r=tolower(y) } } { b = "" for (n=1; x=substr($0,n,1); n++) b = b ((y=r)?y:x) print b } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

More fun with awk

#!/usr/bin/ksh ls -l $@ | awk ' /^-/ { l = 5*log($5) h = sprintf("%7d %-72s",$5,$8) print "\x1B ls command with histogram of file sizes. The histogram scale is logaritmic, to avoid very short bars for smaller files or very long bars for bigger files. Screenshot: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies
KSTASH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 KSTASH(8)

NAME
kstash -- store the KDC master password in a file SYNOPSIS
kstash [-e string | --enctype=string] [-k file | --key-file=file] [--convert-file] [--random-key] [--master-key-fd=fd] [--random-key] [-h | --help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
kstash reads the Kerberos master key and stores it in a file that will be used by the KDC. Supported options: -e string, --enctype=string the encryption type to use, defaults to DES3-CBC-SHA1. -k file, --key-file=file the name of the master key file. --convert-file don't ask for a new master key, just read an old master key file, and write it back in the new keyfile format. --random-key generate a random master key. --master-key-fd=fd filedescriptor to read passphrase from, if not specified the passphrase will be read from the terminal. FILES
/var/heimdal/m-key is the default keyfile if no other keyfile is specified. The format of a Heimdal master key is the same as a keytab, so ktutil list can be used to list the content of the file. SEE ALSO
kdc(8) HEIMDAL
April 10, 2007 HEIMDAL