Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Where did my programs go?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Where did my programs go? Post 5010 by Neo on Monday 6th of August 2001 07:09:20 PM
Old 08-06-2001
Try reading and understanding how to use the find command on your UNIX platform. This command is how UNIX people locate files. It is very powerful and when you learn to use it, it will not be necessary to ask questions like where is this and that file?. find is a tool you will benefit greatly if you learn to use.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris programs

Greetings, I have installed the Solaris 10 in my computer, this system is really interesting, and where I can find more free programs for download to install? Anyone knows? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FBorges22
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programs

how to write pipe for finding out the login names and login time of the users whose login name begins with p. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshparsa
1 Replies

3. Debian

Uninstalling programs?

How can I uninstall a program the most efficient way? So that I get rid of all the man pages etc. too? I'm running debian. /Richard (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Programs

Hello, I have a simple question. How do make it so i can lauch a program from the shell. For instance I want to install firefox 2 and I wanna launch it with ff2 in the terminal, so i tried this to my .bashrc file: alias ff2='/path/./firefox' and its not working as I would hope. anywho,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeamusHC
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with calling programs

Hi. I have a problem in running a program in linux system. This program (damaver.l86) is in the path /home/shenk/damaver/, and it needs to call another program (supcomb.l86) in another path /home/shenk/supcomb/. I tried to modified the .bash_profile, but it didn't work. The error message is always... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shenk
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installation of programs

I have installed a program and put the stuff on /usr/local/ However when I run a script it gives an error GMT Fatal Error: /home/chrisd/Dimech/GMT4.5.2/share/PS_font_info.d: No such file or directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting Programs

Hi does anyone know some good shell scripting programs, like visual studio for C++/C#? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
8 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Replacement programs

I just upgraded to Snow Leopard and some of my programs no longer work. I need a good DVD ripper/encoder. I was using Handbrake and Mac the Ripper but they no longer work on my MAC. They also don't have a newer viersion that works with my OS. Can someone help by giving me a suggestion? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
Menu::Item(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Menu::Item(3)

NAME
Tk::Menu::Item - Base class for Menu items SYNOPSIS
require Tk::Menu::Item; my $but = $menu->Button(...); $but->configure(...); my $what = $but->cget(); package Whatever; require Tk::Menu::Item; @ISA = qw(Tk::Menu::Item); sub PreInit { my ($class,$menu,$info) = @_; $info->{'-xxxxx'} = ... my $y = delete $info->{'-yyyy'}; } DESCRIPTION
Tk::Menu::Item is the base class from which Tk::Menu::Button, Tk::Menu::Cascade, Tk::Menu::Radiobutton and Tk::Menu::Checkbutton are derived. There is also a Tk::Menu::Separator. Constructors are declared so that $menu->Button(...) etc. do what you would expect. The "-label" option is pre-processed allowing ~ to be prefixed to the character to derive a "-underline" value. Thus $menu->Button(-label => 'Goto ~Home',...) is equivalent to $menu->Button(-label => 'Goto Home', -underline => 6, ...) The "Cascade" menu item creates a sub-menu and accepts these options: -menuitems A list of items for the sub-menu. Within this list (which is also accepted by Menu and Menubutton) the first two elements of each item should be the "constructor" name and the label: -menuitems => [ [Button => '~Quit', -command => [destroy => $mw]], [Checkbutton => '~Oil', -variable => $oil], ] -postcommand A callback to be invoked before posting the menu. -tearoff Specifies whether sub-menu can be torn-off or not. -menuvar Scalar reference that will be set to the newly-created sub-menu. The returned object is currently a blessed reference to an array of two items: the containing Menu and the 'label'. Methods "configure" and "cget" are mapped onto underlying "entryconfigure" and "entrycget". The main purpose of the OO interface is to allow derived item classes to be defined which pre-set the options used to create a more basic item. BUGS
This OO interface is very new. Using the label as the "key" is a problem for separaror items which don't have one. The alternative would be to use an index into the menu but that is a problem if items are deleted (or inserted other than at the end). There should probably be a PostInit entry point too, or a more widget like defered 'configure'. perl v5.12.1 2007-05-05 Menu::Item(3)