Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Identifying and removing control characters in a file. Post 49925 by oracle8 on Tuesday 13th of April 2004 06:08:39 PM
Old 04-13-2004
Question Identifying and removing control characters in a file.

What is the best method to identify an remove control characters in a file. Would it be easier to do this in Unix or in C.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identifying invisible characters in Unix file

I have a file, which when you look at it, appears as if it has spaces.... But sometimes, it is has tab or Nulls or some other character which we are not able to see..... How to find what character exactly it is in the file, where ever we are seeing a space... (Iam in solaris)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thanuman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden control characters in a Unix Text File!

Can anyone seem to know how to find out whether a UNIX text file has 'hidden' control characters? Can I view them using 'vi' by some command line options? If there are control characters in a text file which are invisible/hidden.. then how do I get rid of them? Your intelletual answers are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewl_guy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display all possible control characters from .xml file in unix

Hi, I have a .xml file in unix. We are passing this file through a xml parser. But we are getting some control characters from input file and XML parser is failing for the control character in file.Now I am getting following error, Error at byte 243206625 of file filename_$.xml: Error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fantushmayu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing ^M characters from a file

Hi, I want to removing ^M characters from a file and combine the line with the next line. ex: issue i have: ABC^M^M DEF solution i need: ABCDEF I found that you by using the following command you can remove new line characters. tr -d '\r' < infile.csv > outfile.csv still... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special characters - Control M

I have developed a small script to remove the Control M characters that get embedded when we move any file from Windows to Unix. For some reason, its not working in all scenarios. Some times I still see the ^M not being removed. Is there anything missing in the script: cd ${inputDir}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Removing control-m characters from shell script

Hi All, I need to remove control m character from a file. Steps which i am doing in shell script are: 1) We are comparing the header of the file to the database table header Here the file header has control-m characters. How do i remove it. Please help. Below are the steps i am using,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in removing control M and Line feed in output file.

Hi All, In my output file i am getting control m character and also the line feeds at different places and with different combinations, the content of the file is supposed to be in a single line but if there is a line feed in between then from there onwards it's going into new line. I tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bipin Kumar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view the control characters in a file?

Hello, How can I view control and special characters of a text file?. For example, space, tabs, new line chars etc. Can I use hexdump for it? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Special control characters in file

Hi Guys, We receive some huge files on to Linux server. Source system use FTP mechanism to transfer these files on our server. Occasionally one record is getting corrupted while transfer, some control characters are injecting into the file. How to fix this issue ? please advice ? Sample... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to strip control-A characters from a column in a file

Hi All, I currently have flat file with 32 columns. The field delimiter is cntl-A ( \x01). The file has been extracted from an oracle table using a datastage job. However, in the 6th field, the data contains additional control -A characters which came as a part of the table data. I need... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha1238
12 Replies
RUNKIT_METHOD_REMOVE(3) 						 1						   RUNKIT_METHOD_REMOVE(3)

runkit_method_remove - Dynamically removes the given method

SYNOPSIS
bool runkit_method_remove (string $classname, string $methodname) DESCRIPTION
Note This function cannot be used to manipulate the currently running (or chained) method. Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. PARAMETERS
o $classname - The class in which to remove the method o $methodname - The name of the method to remove RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 runkit_method_remove(3) example <?php class Example { function foo() { return "foo! "; } function bar() { return "bar! "; } } // Remove the 'foo' method runkit_method_remove( 'Example', 'foo' ); echo implode(' ', get_class_methods('Example')); ?> The above example will output: bar SEE ALSO
runkit_method_add(3), runkit_method_copy(3), runkit_method_redefine(3), runkit_method_rename(3), runkit_function_remove(3). PHP Documentation Group RUNKIT_METHOD_REMOVE(3)