Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need script to process ls-l command Post 49750 by sinner on Friday 9th of April 2004 12:38:07 PM
Old 04-09-2004
need script to process ls-l command

ne1 know how i can do this????

a script that process the output of UNIX command ls -l

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to kill the process ID of a command after a certain period

All, I am trying to build a script in perl that will alllow me to pass the IP address to a ping command and redirect the output to a file and then kill that process after a certain period of time. let's say, I call my script ping.pl, I would like to be able to run it like this for example :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process diff command output in a shell script

diff -yta file1 file2 #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.6 | #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.8 Notable thing about above line is "|" appears at 62nd position. When the same line is assigned in a variable in a ksh script, using ss=$(diff -yta file1 file2) it appears as ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaliyajalpesh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get child process for a process

!/bin/sh pid=$(ps -Aj | grep MSTRSvr | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}') sid=$(ps -Aj | grep MSTRSvr | grep -v grep | awk '{print $3}') ps -s "$sid" I am not able to get the desired output it says process list error if i use watch ps -s "$sid" it considers only the first session id (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schippada
5 Replies

9. AIX

Command or script to inform server owner about process

Hi all, How to inform server owner if the particular process is down. I need command or script to do the above. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD