Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting up Wu-FTPD server
Operating Systems Linux Setting up Wu-FTPD server Post 49393 by byblyk on Thursday 1st of April 2004 12:11:29 AM
Old 04-01-2004
perfect it worked! But why do you have to remove root from that file? I don't understand why you would do that. I've got my own little secure netowrk so i'm good i just need to swap some files cause my hd on my laptop is to small. Thanks agian.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up web server

Is there any good resources for setting up a unix web server, I mean starting with the basics for a extremely new newbie. Thanks Scott (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supastar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up internet server

Hello, Corrently we are useing winproxy to use internet. my client desktops connects to winproxy using tcpip and get the access, now we have changed windows opreating system to linux 7.1. my problem is i am able to connect internet on linux machine but now i wants all clients connect to linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twadkar
2 Replies

3. AIX

IP setting changes after server reboot

I've recently changed my gateway setting using SMIT. Everything went fine except that the gateway setting kept reverting back to the old one everytime I reboot the server. I'm on AIX 5.2 running p-Series. Thanks for any info. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dereklow
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up my HOME PC as server

Hi , i am having RedHat AS 4 in my home PC.now i want to access applications remotely i.e from office. how can i do that. in short i would like to make my PC as server for doing test's. while I am @ work. I am using static IP. leenus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrs
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with setting up linux server

Hello, I recently got my first "real" job, i come from a *microsoft* world, I'm being asked to setup from scratch a database and a webserver that allows users to view/add/edit data (intranet). I installed Ubuntu Server 7.10 which comes with LAMP (apache 2.*, mysql5.* and php 5.*) The only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to check if a file ftpd to mainframe was actually ftpd

Hi All, I am ftping a file from unix to mainframe. Now the problem arises that i want to check if the file was ftpd or not. Is there any way i could do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas.rao11
4 Replies

7. SuSE

Setting up Suse 11.0 as server

Been awhile since I've been playing with Linux and I'm just starting to gte back into the swing of things again :) I'm setting up a OpenSUSE 11.0 computer at home (small network) and want to configure it as a server for Windows computers to be able to log onto the domain. From what I have read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on setting up Centralized Server

Hello All, I am working on SuSe Linux Platform. Some times ago i got an issue with an application for which i had to update that in all desktops (SLED == SuSe Linux Desktop). Since this time number of desktops were less then it was possible to go and update package manually. But in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shirsha
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Error in setting up install server

I am trying to setup a install server for solaris network installtion. install server os is ubuntu. find the error when setup_install_server script is run root@adroit:/mnt/share/solaris/Solaris_10/Tools# ./setup_install_server /home/hitendra/install_path/ ./setup_install_server: 414:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

10. Linux

Confusion setting up server

20GB space (1GB Swap),and installed Centos 5.7-x86 arch. I want to use this VPS to host 2-4 domains, all of WordPress. What I want to ask is: 1. Do I need a VPS management software before installing Webuzo (from Softaculous)? If yes, what was his name? 2. Do I need to install the software... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byeron
0 Replies
info(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   info(4)

NAME
info - diskless client configuration information file DESCRIPTION
The file is a POSIX shell sourceable file which contains parameter definitions used at boot time. Typically, it will be an empty file and default values will be used for all parameters. Following is the list of parameters which can be defined in the file: Specifies the IP address of the client's private root server. If this is not specified, the client's private root server defaults to the boot server. Specifies the pathname to the client's private root on the private root server. If this is not specified, the client's private root path defaults to Specifies the NFS mount options to mount the client's private root from the private root server. If this is not specified, the mount options default to Specifies the NFS mount options to mount the client's directory from the boot server. If this is not specified, the mount options default to Specifies whether NFS should be configured as primary swap. (NOTE: In order to swap to NFS, a diskless kernel must be configured with tunable parameter set to 1.) If a diskless machine has a local swap disk and swap to NFS is not desired, the parameter should be set to the value of 1 and the diskless kernel should be configured without setting to 1. If this parameter is not specified in the file and the kernel tunable parameter is set to 1, then NFS will be configured as primary swap. If not set, this parameter defaults to a value of 1, and results in the removal of all swapfiles above the configured swap minimum (swap is specified in the client's when a disk- less client boots. This ensures that extraneous swapfiles at boot time are removed, thus freeing disk space. If is set to 0 in the file, removal of extra swapfiles is disabled. This may result in faster boot times due to the time savings in creating additional swap files. The file resides in the same directory as the client's kernel () on the boot server and is retrieved at boot time using command. By default, when a diskless client is created, an empty file is placed in the client's kernel directory. This ensures that all parameters revert to their default values (see above). If the file is not present, this is an error. EXAMPLES
An example file is shown below: FILES
info(4)