Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SuSe Free?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SuSe Free? Post 4939 by Katash on Saturday 4th of August 2001 06:57:07 AM
Old 08-04-2001
SuSe Free?

Am new to Linux and am currently reading a book called The Linux Companion by Christopher Lynas, The book tends to lean towards SuSe so I have decided to give it a crack...(Is SuSe an OK version for general use?) Is there any other distributions that are orientated around security/web use?
What I dont understand is Linux is supposed to be free but SuSe is charging £60 for it....Does anyone know where I can get SuSe proffesional for free download?....Dont worry I have cable modem !!

keepalived(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     keepalived(8)

NAME
keepalived. - keepalive demon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/keepalived [-n] [-f keepalived.conf] [-d] [-h] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The keepalived The keepalived server implements the vrrpd routing demon which enables routing failover for a pair (or set) of routers (or LVS directors) and the keepalived demon which sets up and does the health checking of virtual services in a Linux Virtual Servier. OPTIONS
--vrrp, -P Only run the VRRP subsystem. --check, -C Only run the healthchecker subsystem. --dont-release-vrrp, -V leave (don't remove) VRRP VIPs & VROUTEs on daemon stop. --dont-release-ipvs, -I Dont remove IPVS topology on daemon stop. --dont-fork, -n Dont fork the daemon process. --use-file, -f keepalived.conf_file Use the specified configuration file. --wdog-vrrp, -R Define VRRP watchdog polling delay (default=5s) --wdog-check, -H Define healthchecker's watchdog polling delay (default=5s) --dump-conf, -d Dump the configuration data. --log-console, -l Log messages to local console. --log-detail, -D Detailed log messages (the default with the rc script provided). --log-facility, -S 0-7 Set syslog facility to LOG_LOCAL[0-7] (default=LOG_DAEMON) --help, -h Display a short inlined help screen. --version, -v Display the version number. FILES
/etc/keepalived/keepalived.conf SEE ALSO
keepalived.conf(5) AUTHORS
Joseph Mack from inspection of the output of keepalived --help from keepalived-1.1.4 Jan 2004 keepalived(8)