Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uninstall xinetd
Operating Systems Linux uninstall xinetd Post 49366 by byblyk on Wednesday 31st of March 2004 07:33:16 PM
Old 03-31-2004
haha, i just fixed my telnet...lol you know what was wrong! I didn't have the telnet-server rpm installed. I thought that it was all included in the telnet RPM ooops my bad...lol. thank you so much for your help everybody! I learned lots!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

xinetd.conf

i want to edit inetd.conf for security on my redhat 7.1 box, but i dont have it in my /etc directory, rather, i have xinetd.conf. Can i use xinetd.conf for the same purpose, is it as useful as inetd.conf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
2 Replies

2. Linux

Requiste for starting service xinetd

hi... i am trying to find out the services which should be started before the service xinetd can be started. I have read thru the /etc/rc.d/init.d script and i think xinetd depends on service network as it checks whether the variable NETWORKING is set or not || exit 0 Does it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxfood
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to get cvs pserver work with xinetd

I do make sure that in my system (redhat 9.0 with eveything installed) file cvspserver with correct content in directory /etc/xinetd.d/ line cvspserver 2401/tcp cvspserver 2401/udp in file /etc/service I aslo restart service xinetd but when I issue command ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorvvk
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Perl - How to uninstall? Will pkgrm uninstall all versions?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9/Sparc machine and it has the Solaris 10 version of Perl (5.8.8) installed on it, which always requires all kinds of library files that Solaris 9 doesn't come with. I think the best way to do is to uninstall this wrong version and install the correct Solaris 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alanlh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fileserver in Perl via xinetd - bad XML output

Hello there, I hope I took the right forum... I never worked with Perl, but now I have to get a simple fileserver running. The goal is to deliver an XML file (it's part of a new security model in the Flashplayer, see Adobe - Developer Center : Setting up a socket policy file server for more... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blemmo
9 Replies

6. Linux

xinetd @system reboot

Hi, Once again I came to get rescued in a situation where one of my workstations has this ierd thing that "xinetd" won't start at reboot or shutdown. I have done the follwoing but no change in results. chkconfig --list xinetd xinetd 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjitsingh
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

activate ftp from xinetd

Hello all, I´m trying to configure the ftp service (port 21) in a Red Hat Enterprise 4 from xinetd. Anybody have done this? Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
3 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

take ssh out of xinetd

i solved myself. thx! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Redhat Linux xinetd error

Dear all, I am reciving the following error in the /var/log/messages of my system Jul 18 11:14:27 airtest xinetd: START: echo-dgram pid=0 from=::ffff:XX.XX.XX.X Jul 18 11:14:27 airtest xinetd: START: echo-dgram pid=0 from=::ffff:XX.XX.XX.X Jul 18 11:19:17 airtest xinetd: START: echo-dgram... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pistachio
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Looking for Xinetd for Solaris

I got the xinetd src from synack archive but when I try to compile I get errors all over the place, so am just wondering if anyone has a pre patched working version of xinetd for solaris 7 or higher there can share ??? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
4 Replies
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)					       byobu					       byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-uninstall - Byobu Launcher uninstallation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-uninstall DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) is a simple utilty that removes the line added to your $HOME/.profile by byobu-launcher-install(1) which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-install(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-uninstall(1)