Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux windows startup equivalent in linux Post 49285 by raguramtgr on Tuesday 30th of March 2004 08:13:22 AM
Old 03-30-2004
windows startup equivalent in linux

hi all,
greetings,
please tell me how to start a java GUI program in the startup of the machine.

since it invokes a GUI is it possiable to entry the same in /etc/rc2.d/S99userdefinedfiles.

thanks in advance .,
:-)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Equivalent of Windows NT Diagnostic (Winmsd) report

Hi Guys, Is there a way I can generate a Diagnostic Report for Unix app server/database server (for sun solaris and aix) similar to the system diagnostic report in Windows NT(winmsd). Basically I am looking for the following details below in a single comprehensive report. If there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neer
2 Replies

2. Programming

unix equivalent for windows APIs..........................

Hi, Is there any unix equivalents available for the folllowing windows function ? FindFirstFile FindNextFile etc..... Or do i have to write an equivalent api?? Can anybody help me to do the same?? thanks in advance Ani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ani
2 Replies

3. Programming

scandir() + windows equivalent

Currently, Im trying to redesign some Unix-based C code to work on the Windows operating system and one problem I ran into when compiling was that the compiler failed to recognise scandir() (from my original Linux code) Im aware that scandir() is a Unix-based function, so is there an equivalent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

windows startup password

Hi, a friend of mine uses windows and he changed his password (using some weird non-english characters). Now when he logged into windows, it asked for the admin password and he couldn't enter those characters (you can only turn that on once you're in windows). So is there anyway to login or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaoses
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows command shell equivalent in Unix

In Windows we use cmd.exe \c as the command SHell What is its equivalent in UNIX ? Thanx for all your help. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
10 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows vista startup problem

I all, I have a problem on my Windows Vista that began afetr the purchase of an external Hard Disk Freecom. A few days afetr the purchase I disconnected it while it was writing and, since that moment, every time I connect and disconnect it, the PC go to freeze mode for 5 minutes. The same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ubertino
2 Replies

7. Linux

Unix Equivalent Windows Variable

Hi, I've set my Unix User Profile Variables as follows.. export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 I want to set the same codepages in my Windows Vista Environment.. How can i do that..? Whether the variable names remain same ..? Please help Regards, Vikram... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX equivalent of windows terminal server options?

I want to replace Windows terminal server mostly due to cost reasons license cost for 2100 users goes out of roof. The end-user is all windows but I want a jump server that is UNIX based , I have some experience with VNC but I don't want options exists in UNIX to run a terminal services for 2100... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazerz
10 Replies
serialver(1)						      General Commands Manual						      serialver(1)

NAME
serialver - serial version command SYNOPSIS
serialver [ options ] [ classnames ] options Command-line options, as specified in this document. classnames One or more class names. DESCRIPTION
serialver returns the serialVersionUID for one or more classes in a form suitable for copying into an evolving class. When invoked with no arguments, it prints a usage line. OPTIONS
-classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by:> Set search path for application classes and resources. -show Displays a simple user interface. Enter the full class name and press either the Enter key or the Show button to display the serialVersionUID. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.io.ObjectStreamClass @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/io/ObjectStreamClass.html 24 June 2004 serialver(1)