Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Common Desktop Environment Question Post 4924 by radimus on Friday 3rd of August 2001 03:47:43 PM
Old 08-03-2001
Question Common Desktop Environment Question

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with CDE on a Solaris workstation. The Desktop is bigger than the screen. In otherwords, when I open an xterm half of the xterm window appears half off the screen. When I move the mouse up to the top of the new xterm the control panel scrolls off the bottom of the screen.

Is there a setting to change the size of the desktop in CDE? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Radimus

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

common UNIX script which is to work in HP and SUN environment

I have two different UNIX scripts for updating Co-ordinate points which are working fine seperately in HP and SUN environments. But I am trying to write a common UNIX script which is to work in HP and SUN environment. The following are the scripts i am using SUN: #!/bin/ksh info () {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar2yk
6 Replies

2. Debian

Desktop startup question

I would like to work with the Open Look window manager (olwm and XView) on Debian Linux 5.0.0 instead of gnome. I would like to know what happens during startup from the time the user's password is accepted until the window manager is given control and any suggestions that will help get Open Look... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment

Hi, I work noramly with 3/4/5 Terminals (not xterms) open. In the different Terminal I set different tools (software). Unfortunately I loose easily the overview of all these Terminals. Which setup is in which Terminal? It would be nice to have a possibility to name Termianls. By the way I work... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hooge789
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Changing Desktop Environment by mistake

Hi, I'm using fedora 15, my defualt DE is XFCE I once saw that there is a option in startup DE's that I can select and it was OPENBOX. I just wanted to test it. but after choosing it as my DE here I am. I have just access to terminal, firefox.. what's in my desktop. there is no panel here. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoseinit
0 Replies

5. AIX

Display Issues on Common Desktop Enviroment CDE

I configured CDE on AIX server and lauched CDE from desktop using reflection 14.1. I can lauch xclock with my own id but when i Su to any other id and try xclock it is giving the follwoing error X connection to localhost:10.0 broken ( explicit kill or server shutdown). Please elp on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting started with windows and screens without desktop environment

Hi there, Hope the title is sufficiently self explaining. I have no idea how to start and where to start. I don't even know what keywords to google for. I need to build a machine : based on Debian without desktop environment with a quite powerful multi-monitor graphic card able to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
9 Replies
gnome-panel(1)							   User Commands						    gnome-panel(1)

NAME
gnome-panel - display the GNOME panel SYNOPSIS
gnome-panel [--profile=profile] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME panel displays an area on your screen, which acts as a repository for the main menu, application launchers, and applets. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --profile=profilUse the specified preferences profile. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the GNOME Panel example% gnome-panel EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-panel Executable for GNOME panel ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Working with Panels Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-panel-preferences(1), gnome-panel-screenshot(1), gnome-desktop-item-edit(1), gnome-std-options(5), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Mark McLoughlin, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-panel(1)