Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tftp daemon error
Operating Systems Solaris tftp daemon error Post 49189 by myscsa2004 on Saturday 27th of March 2004 12:20:09 PM
Old 03-27-2004
thanks Perderabo

that's the only thing that sounds plausable after checking so many variables...is there a reason why no traffic apprears on port 69? If the file doesn't exist would i be able to see the request somehow, or was this a request from a while ago and the tftp server is in some kind of loop still?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootp/tftp

Hi, Setting up print queue, using SMIT on AIX And I have an option saying do I wish to make this a BOOTP/TFTP server. What exactly does this do? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

TFTP question

I have been hearing that this protocol offers faster throughput rate than FTP, is it true? If so, are there any compromise in reliability on data being sent? How do I set up a TFTP transfer instead of a FTP to download? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ho_k
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmpd daemon error

Good day I always find these error messages on /var/adm/messages it appear every 15 mn , does any body know how to stop these messages without stopping the daemon , i tried to restart the daemon by uising Kill -HUP 332 please find below the error messages that appear always in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsgeorge
1 Replies

4. Linux

tftp question

RH 7.2 I am attempting to get tftp working but I'm having a problem. On the server, xinetd has libwrap options compiled in. I have a deny all policy in my hosts.deny file and the following entries in my hosts.allow file: in.tftpd:.10.151.2.6 But...when I attempt to tftp from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tftp

Is it possible to copy files between two computers with TFTP.And how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bericica
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP not found

Hi, I'm trying to run the tftp client on tsch shell and I get command not found, but on bash tftp ran fine, can anyone help me on how to run it on tsch? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wsn
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Improperly formatted value for 'tftp-server' error while booting the target from LAN

Hi, I wish to install solaris 10 on a target machine (t1000) by using Jumpstart. I have configured by jumpstart environment for the same. When i boot the target with the option "boot net -v install" i get the following error... {0} ok boot net -v install Boot device: /pci@7c0/pci@0/network@4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adm: [ID 70291 daemon.error]

Hi all I have been having this error in dmesg for quite some time and I'm not sure what's the errors associate with it. The closest I can get is the error in the fd2log, mv: cannot rename pacct.0 to SPacct.0.xxxx: Permission denied I initially solved the problem by setting the folder group... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
9 Replies

10. Solaris

Daemon error in Solaris 11

Hi guys, thanks for your help. Please can some explain to me what this error means Aug 21 09:18:29 solaris11 in.ndpd: incoming_ra: SIOCSLIFLNKINFO (interface net1): Invalid argument I am running solaris 11 in Sunfire T2000 Thank you very much for your assistance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
0 Replies
tftpd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  tftpd(8)

NAME
tftpd - The DARPA Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/tftpd [-b] [-d] [-r pathname] [-t interval] [directory ...] FLAGS
Instructs tftpd to not respond to broadcast requests. Specifies that the name of the file and other debug information is sent to syslogd. Specifies the relative pathname a user can specify to transfer a file that has no path associated with it. For example, -r /tmp/tftp causes /tmp/tftp to be prefixed to a file that has no path and the file is copied to and from the directory /tmp/tftp. Only one directory path can be specified with this option. Specifies the amount of time, in seconds, that tftpd waits before it recognizing a connection timeout. The default interval is 25 seconds. DESCRIPTION
The tftpd daemon is a server that supports the DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) Trivial File Transfer Protocol. The TFTP server operates at the port indicated in the tftp service description; see services(4). The server is normally started by inetd(8). The use of tftp does not require an account or password on the remote system. Due to the lack of authentication information, tftpd will allow only publicly readable files to be accessed. Files can be written only if they already exist and are publicly writable. Note that this extends the concept of ``public'' to include all users on all hosts that can be reached through the network; this may not be appropri- ate on all systems, and its implication should be considered before enabling tftp service. The server should have the user ID with the lowest possible privilege. Access to files may be restricted by invoking tftpd with a list of directories and including pathnames as server program arguments in /etc/inetd.conf. In this case, access is restricted to files whose names are prefixed by the one of the given directories. The tftpd daemon validates the files that it has to transfer against the /etc/tftptab file. If you are transferring files that are not pub- licly readable or not in the directories listed on the command line, you must make certain that those files are listed in the /etc/tftptab file. RESTRICTION
The maximum number of directories allowed in the directory list are 62. The maximum number of files allowed in /etc/tftptab file is 256. FILES
Specifies the command path RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: tftp(1) Daemons: inetd(8) delim off tftpd(8)