Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bootup Error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bootup Error Post 49088 by raguramtgr on Wednesday 24th of March 2004 10:35:18 PM
Old 03-24-2004
From where and why the message
"remote console dialing on, please wait ........
connect fail : modem off"
is coming.

How to disable remote console dialing?.

raguram R

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Triple bootup

Hi guys, May I know how to install Solaris 8 in the way that I can triple boot it with my the other two OS: WIndows ME and Windows 2000 Pro. Can you all please kindly advise me on how to setup the triple boot process inorder to allow Windows ME to be the default OS when being ask to choose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cia
1 Replies

2. Linux

Preventing a scan of the RAID during bootup

I have a RH 7.3 server that needs a restart today after putting a patch in place. The last time I rebooted this box was almost a year ago and when the uptime is quite long, Linux likes to check all the disks for errors, including the RAID. This adds almost 1.5Hrs to my bootup process:eek: . Does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: turbo90awd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bootup script

Hello there I need to run a script whenever i reboot or startup my HP-UX server. This script adds some routes to the route table, and it start third party aplications like "Star Manager". I thought i could do this simply putting the script in "/sbin/init.d, and a link to the script in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why not automatic bootup

Evry time I start up my mavhine ,have to type in unix at Boot : Is there a way unix should bootup automatically? Asif (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asif iqbal
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to start ssh at bootup

Hi i installed ssh of version v 1.21 and my AIX is of 5.3. I want to start my ssh deamon at the startup can any one please help me out reg.. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmalla
1 Replies

6. AIX

File system not mounting at bootup

Hi, I've got a recent problem with 2 file systems on an AIX 5.3 server. The fs's are marked to auto mount at startup and do show as being mounted after a a restart however if you cd to the mount point and 'df -g .' it shows the fs hasn't actually mounted. $ mount |grep SQLT0001.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

system slows after bootup for some time

Hi, I am using a Linux system running at run level 3. I am finding a wired problem, once the system boots, the system terminal slows down, I need to type the characters repeatedly to enter my login and password info. Also running any commands takes time, it stays in this condition for some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootup sequence

What is the boot up sequence in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sunfire X4600 Errors on Bootup

Hi Folks, Has anyone seen these errors on bootup. Mar 15 12:22:30 svc.startd: svc:/system/device/local:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/devices-local" failed due to signal SEGV.ht (c) 1983, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Configuring devices. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ESSTEAM
1 Replies

10. SCO

Error F painit on bootup

I have a known good external SCSI HD running SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7. I decided that I wanted to be able to run this drive on another computer, so I bought the same SCSI card as before (LSI) and then attempted to boot on the other system. The bootup process hung with the error F painit. I've... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
13 Replies
VIRT-VIEWER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    VIRT-VIEWER(1)

NAME
virt-viewer - display the graphical console for a virtual machine SYNOPSIS
virt-viewer [OPTIONS] DOMAIN-NAME|ID|UUID DESCRIPTION
virt-viewer is a minimal tool for displaying the graphical console of a virtual machine. The console is accessed using the VNC protocol. The guest can be referred to based on its name, ID, or UUID. If the guest is not already running, then the viewer can be told to wait until is starts before attempting to connect to the console The viewer can connect to remote hosts to lookup the console information and then also connect to the remote console using the same network transport. OPTIONS
The following options are accepted when running "virt-viewer": -h, --help Display command line help summary -V, --version Display program version number -v, --verbose Display information about the connection -c URI, --connect=URI Specify the hypervisor connection URI -w, --wait Wait for the domain to start up before attempting to connect to the console -w, --reconnect Automatically reconnect to the domain if it shuts down and restarts -d, --direct Do not attempt to tunnel the console over SSH, even if the main connection URI used SSH. EXAMPLES
To connect to the guest called 'demo' running under Xen virt-viewer demo To connect to the guest with ID 7 running under QEMU virt-viewer --connect qemu:///system 7 To wait for the guest with UUID 66ab33c0-6919-a3f7-e659-16c82d248521 to startup and then connect, also reconnecting upon restart of VM virt-viewer --reconnect --wait 66ab33c0-6919-a3f7-e659-16c82d248521 To connect to a remote console using TLS virt-viewer --connect xen://example.org/ demo To connect to a remote host using SSH, lookup the guest config and then make a direct non-tunnelled connection of the console virt-viewer --direct --connect xen+ssh://root@example.org/ demo AUTHOR
Written by Daniel P. Berrange, based on the GTK-VNC example program gvncviewer. BUGS
Report bugs to the mailing list "http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/et-mgmt-tools" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2008 Red Hat, Inc, and various contributors. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html". There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
virsh(1), "virt-manager(1)", the project website "http://virt-manager.org" perl v5.12.1 2010-01-15 VIRT-VIEWER(1)