Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bootup Error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bootup Error Post 49040 by raguramtgr on Wednesday 24th of March 2004 07:15:51 AM
Old 03-24-2004
Bootup Error

Hi all

The following error was displayed when a sco server (5.0.5) was booted. What should be done to overcome the problem. Replies appreciated.

Bios 03.0
0130688 KB memory good
01 processor(s) in system
remote console dialing on, please wait
connect fail : modem off
cpu clock mismatch
cmos battery bad
cmos checksum error
equipment configuration error

which command invokes the remote dialing ??

Raguram R

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Triple bootup

Hi guys, May I know how to install Solaris 8 in the way that I can triple boot it with my the other two OS: WIndows ME and Windows 2000 Pro. Can you all please kindly advise me on how to setup the triple boot process inorder to allow Windows ME to be the default OS when being ask to choose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cia
1 Replies

2. Linux

Preventing a scan of the RAID during bootup

I have a RH 7.3 server that needs a restart today after putting a patch in place. The last time I rebooted this box was almost a year ago and when the uptime is quite long, Linux likes to check all the disks for errors, including the RAID. This adds almost 1.5Hrs to my bootup process:eek: . Does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: turbo90awd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bootup script

Hello there I need to run a script whenever i reboot or startup my HP-UX server. This script adds some routes to the route table, and it start third party aplications like "Star Manager". I thought i could do this simply putting the script in "/sbin/init.d, and a link to the script in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why not automatic bootup

Evry time I start up my mavhine ,have to type in unix at Boot : Is there a way unix should bootup automatically? Asif (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asif iqbal
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to start ssh at bootup

Hi i installed ssh of version v 1.21 and my AIX is of 5.3. I want to start my ssh deamon at the startup can any one please help me out reg.. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmalla
1 Replies

6. AIX

File system not mounting at bootup

Hi, I've got a recent problem with 2 file systems on an AIX 5.3 server. The fs's are marked to auto mount at startup and do show as being mounted after a a restart however if you cd to the mount point and 'df -g .' it shows the fs hasn't actually mounted. $ mount |grep SQLT0001.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

system slows after bootup for some time

Hi, I am using a Linux system running at run level 3. I am finding a wired problem, once the system boots, the system terminal slows down, I need to type the characters repeatedly to enter my login and password info. Also running any commands takes time, it stays in this condition for some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootup sequence

What is the boot up sequence in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sunfire X4600 Errors on Bootup

Hi Folks, Has anyone seen these errors on bootup. Mar 15 12:22:30 svc.startd: svc:/system/device/local:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/devices-local" failed due to signal SEGV.ht (c) 1983, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Configuring devices. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ESSTEAM
1 Replies

10. SCO

Error F painit on bootup

I have a known good external SCSI HD running SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7. I decided that I wanted to be able to run this drive on another computer, so I bought the same SCSI card as before (LSI) and then attempted to boot on the other system. The bootup process hung with the error F painit. I've... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
13 Replies
pset_assign_pid(1)					      General Commands Manual						pset_assign_pid(1)

NAME
pset_assign_pid - Assigns a process ID to a processor set SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/pset_assign_pid [-x] pset_id pid [pid...] OPTIONS
Assigns exclusive use of the target processor set to each specified process identification number. DESCRIPTION
The pset_assign_pid command assigns one or more process identification numbers to an existing processor set. The pset_id variable is a unique integer that identifies the processor set and is returned by the pset_create command. The pid variable is the process identification number, which is a unique integer that identifies the process. Each process identification number that is assigned is removed from its cur- rent processor set. Use the -x option to assign exclusive use of the processor set. If the processor set is already in use, a message is displayed, and the command terminates without performing the assignment. If the exclusive assignment succeeds, new requests by other processes for assign- ments to the specified processor set (pset_id) are denied. SEE ALSO
Commands: pset_destroy(1), pset_create(1), pset_assign_cpu(1), pset_info(1) Files: processor_sets(4) pset_assign_pid(1)