Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminal Video Settings
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Terminal Video Settings Post 48813 by RTM on Wednesday 17th of March 2004 12:30:44 PM
Old 03-17-2004
READ the FAQ on sunsolve - I posted what the subject of it is so you could find it - what it is suggesting in that FAQ may help with your problem (I know your CDE is working)

OBP - open boot prompt .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD 4.6 Video Settings for Xwindows

I have set-up FreeBSD on an HP Vectra Intel Based PC, now when I go to /stand/sysinstall and "do a post installation configuration" and try to set-up the XFree86 server under Video card the model of my card does not exist. My video card model is SiS 6205 but FreeBSD supports or listed only 5205. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie499
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal settings on solaris

I am getting the following error when try to use vi vt100: Unknown terminal type Visual needs addressable cursor or upline capability : I have checked the TERM variable which is set to vt100. What could be the problem. This is on solaris 2.8 and i am doing telnet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Terminal settings from linux to solaris

When I log in from my linux workstation (CentOS4) to a solaris 8 server using SSH or telnet, the terminal settings don't seem to work well. When I tail or vi a file, I get a blank screen or no response, and I am no longer able to interact with the session. I have to type the escape sequence to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjlst15
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

KSH Terminal Settings

I've been doing a lot of searching through the forums to figure out how to: 1 - get my Backspace key to work in my ksh telnet session 2 - get the PWD to show up as the prompt Solution to 1 - stty erase ^H Solution to 2 - export PS1="$PWD>" Or so I thought...type those commands on the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstinsman
6 Replies

5. Solaris

video adapter settings

Hi Please help to set the video adapter resolution, frequency. By default the frequency is 66Hz, 61 kHz, and the resolution 1024*768. Can I set different values. We use Solaris WS, SPARC. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Terminal.app keeps creating copies of my settings files

Under Leopard, I like to conveniently open Terminal windows onto remote systems. I've created several settings files in Terminal, one for each remote system that I want to access. To open window, I right-click on the Terminal icon in the Dock, expand the "New Window" menu item, and select the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siemsen
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What settings are required for login to CVS using Terminal in Mac OS X?

Hi All, I want to login to CVS using terminal. I am executing the following command in the terminal :- export CVSROOT=: pserver:ags_rd@istcvs.corp.apple.com:/istcvs/CVSHOME cvs login But i get the following error : Afreens-iMac:buildTest Afreen$ export CVSROOT=:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afreen
3 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

What settings are required for login to CVS using Terminal in Mac OS X?

Hi All, I want to login to CVS using terminal. I am executing the following command in the terminal :- export CVSROOT=: pserver:ags_rd@istcvs.corp.apple.com:/istcvs/CVSHOME cvs login But i get the following error : Afreens-iMac:buildTest Afreen$ export CVSROOT=:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Afreen
1 Replies

9. Hardware

ADDS Regent 25 video terminal connection problem, help please :o(

Hi all, you may remember that I picked up an ADDS Regent 25 from where I worked a while ago. Well, I've been trying to connect it up to the laptop so that the laptop can act as a server for it. I've just finished making a cable for it, I connected the DB25 EIA loop of the ADDS to a serial... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RetroGamerVX
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal emulation settings help rlogin AIX to SCO

I use a program called TinyTerm to access our AIX machine. It works fine except for when I rlogin into our SCO unix server. Backspace doesn't delete, ctrl-c doesn't work (delete key does same thing), and the most annoying thing is vi acts very wierd. I have to press the down arrow like 3 times to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
11 Replies
DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)												  DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)

NAME
DtWsmChangeBackdrop -- set current workspace's backdrop SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> int DtWsmChangeBackdrop( Display *display, Window root, char *path, Pixmap pixmap); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmChangeBackdrop function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and changes the current workspace's backdrop. Applications can use this function to implement an interface to the workspace manager. If the DtWsmChangeBackdrop function is not successful, the most likely reason for failure is that the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running. DtWsmChangeBackdrop sends a message to the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), to change the backdrop. The path argument points to a backdrop file name. The file must be in either X Bitmap file format (with extension .bm) or Pixmap file for- mat (with extension .pm). The workspace management services look for the file along the same path used for searching icons. The directory /usr/dt/backdrops is the default directory if the file cannot be found along the icon search path. ARGUMENTS
display display root root window of the screen path file path to bitmap file pixmap pixmap ID of backdrop pixmap SEE ALSO
DtWsm(5) "Communicating with the Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Guide "Workspace Manager" section in the CDE Programmer's Overview DtWsmChangeBackdrop(API)