Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Solaris 8, RPC, and CDE need some help. Post 4860 by Beauford on Wednesday 1st of August 2001 09:13:20 PM
Old 08-01-2001
Not to sound stupid, but why? What does RPC have to do with a desktop enviroment. I am new to this and want to understand how the two intertwine.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 CDE gone?

Help! I performed a sys-unconfig as suggested in one of the other threads to set up IP on hme0. Unfortunately after all is said and done, it no longer boots to the CDE but sits at a command prompt. Any ideas (I don't know Unix). Thanks in advance! Rob Cluett (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluettr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE in Solaris

I was wondering, if I boot up a Solaris box and the CDE does not come up by default when I log in, does that mean that the box has a GUI at all? If that is the case, where can I download CDE from? I am accustomed to RedHat and Windows, so unfortunately Solaris throws me off a little bit. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

3. Solaris

NFS and RPC in Solaris 10

I have been told to disable the rpc processes such as rstat and rusers on some servers for security concerns, what if I am running NFS on those servers. Would it affect the NFS since both rstat and rusers are nfs daemons?? I MUST have the NFS running on the server. Can I disable rstat and rusers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitsurughi
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

5. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

6. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

7. Programming

[C][RPC][Solaris]Not compiling client/server

Hello, I have task to make a program that multiplies polynomials as client(input/output indexes)-server(multiplying) using RPC. However when I try to compile it with gcc it gives the next info: for client: Udefined first symbol referenced Clnt_create client.o for server: Udefined first... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manarina
5 Replies

8. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 CDE Problem

All, I'm running Solaris 8 on a Sparcbook. One of my users, when logging in, defaults to Open Windows desktop rather than CDE. All other users get logged into CDE just fine. Is there a file or something that tells the system what default login is? I'm confused as to why it's just for this one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leosmith78
4 Replies
hx509 enviroment functions(3)					Heimdalx509library				     hx509 enviroment functions(3)

NAME
hx509 enviroment functions - Functions int hx509_env_add (hx509_context context, hx509_env *env, const char *key, const char *value) int hx509_env_add_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env *env, const char *key, hx509_env list) const char * hx509_env_lfind (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char *key, size_t len) const char * hx509_env_find (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char *key) hx509_env hx509_env_find_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char *key) void hx509_env_free (hx509_env *env) Detailed Description Function Documentation int hx509_env_add (hx509_context context, hx509_env * env, const char * key, const char * value) Add a new key/value pair to the hx509_env. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to add value value to add Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_env_add_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env * env, const char * key, hx509_env list) Add a new key/binding pair to the hx509_env. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to add list binding list to add Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). const char* hx509_env_find (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char * key) Search the hx509_env for a key. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to search for. Returns: the value if the key is found, NULL otherwise. hx509_env hx509_env_find_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char * key) Search the hx509_env for a binding. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to search for. Returns: the binding if the key is found, NULL if not found. void hx509_env_free (hx509_env * env) Free an hx509_env enviroment context. Parameters: env the enviroment to free. const char* hx509_env_lfind (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char * key, size_t len) Search the hx509_env for a length based key. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to search for. len length of key. Returns: the value if the key is found, NULL otherwise. Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 hx509 enviroment functions(3)