Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change my current IP address
Special Forums IP Networking change my current IP address Post 48551 by tamemi on Wednesday 10th of March 2004 03:58:27 AM
Old 03-10-2004
Hi rhfrommn ,

Thanks for your good information .
it worked with me .
and i found the set of patches .

Good Day

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to change IP address

Can anyone tell me how to change the IP address on a unix server, as I have no idea whatsoever. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itservices
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Change a Unix IP address

I have purchased a Dec unix Ver 3.2c machine that is about ten years old. I need to get this machine on our network (windows 2003 domain) so I can copy files to it. I know I need to change the IP address, but where and how do I change it? What else do I chang? Thanks Randy (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: randy1
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX?

How to change current working directory for dbx on UNIX? means I'll run pgm from one directory , but getcwd() should return path which I want to be, which is not d current dir :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: login0001
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change from address in mailx

Hi, i am sending mails regulary for updation of data. The from addresses dispaly like POP.RECH@skk182.com i want display like oracle@skk182.com can u help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to change the email from address?

Hi Friends, I am facing one issue with my hpux server. I used to send mail from the hpux server directly to the customer id. By default the from address includes the complete hostname(eg:- user1@hostname.domain.com). My domain name is registered, but this individual hostname is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

6. AIX

Change specific (not current) date to timestamp

Hello to all. I work at AIX system without perl installed and I am restricted user, so I am limited to bash. In script that I am writing, I have to read line from file and transform date that I found inside to Unix timestamp. Line in file look something like this: Tue Mar 29 06:59:00... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hyperborejac
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change time with current year

Hi, How can i change the time below (red font) with the current year? Thank You in advance. hostname 2007-Feb-9 /u100/DEVCO/Patching a.log hostname 2010-Jun-25 /u100/DEVCO/DumpCleaner a.log hostname 2011-Jun-25 /u100/DEVCO/DumpCleaner/sample a.log hostname 23:44-Jun-25... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lienyca
2 Replies

8. Slackware

/boot: how do I change the current kernel?

Slackware 14.0 Hi: I once changed the smp kernel running in my system by another one in /boot. What I did was to relink /boot/System.map, /boot/vmlinuz and /boot/config. But I don't remember if I did something else. Would that alone be OK. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stf92
4 Replies

9. Debian

How to change local IP address?

I have a new Ethernet device that has a default IP address on a different subnet and need to change it. I have a Debian 6.0 host connected to the device with a crossover cable and have changed the host /etc/hosts and /etc/networks files to the same subnet as the new device and rebooted. Ping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Cannot change mac address

ubuntu / xubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 (this issue should exist in debian as well) I use wifi to connect to internet. I would like to change the wifi card mac address before connecting. Let's call the original mac address, macA, and the new mac address, macB. I do the following: ifconfig wlan0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
2 Replies
TCPDROP(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						TCPDROP(8)

NAME
tcpdrop -- drop TCP connections SYNOPSIS
tcpdrop local-address local-port foreign-address foreign-port tcpdrop [-l] -a DESCRIPTION
The tcpdrop command may be used to drop TCP connections from the command line. If -a is specified then tcpdrop will attempt to drop all active connections. The -l flag may be given to list the tcpdrop invocation to drop all active connections one at a time. If -a is not specified then only the connection between the given local address local-address, port local-port, and the foreign address foreign-address, port foreign-port, will be dropped. Addresses and ports may be specified by name or numeric value. Both IPv4 and IPv6 address formats are supported. The addresses and ports may be separated by periods or colons instead of spaces. EXIT STATUS
The tcpdrop utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
If a connection to httpd(8) is causing congestion on a network link, one can drop the TCP session in charge: # sockstat -c | grep httpd www httpd 16525 3 tcp4 192.168.5.41:80 192.168.5.1:26747 The following command will drop the connection: # tcpdrop 192.168.5.41 80 192.168.5.1 26747 The following command will drop all connections but those to or from port 22, the port used by sshd(8): # tcpdrop -l -a | grep -vw 22 | sh SEE ALSO
netstat(1), sockstat(1) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org> BSD
January 30, 2013 BSD