Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: newbe looking for extra help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers newbe looking for extra help Post 48147 by Optimus_P on Friday 27th of February 2004 09:28:03 AM
Old 02-27-2004
check our FAQ.

you will find answers to all the questions you have asked.

as far as chooseing a distrobution just pickone. pick one that alot of people have and you will find alot of poeple to help w/ that.

freebsd
openbsd
fendora
slackware
solaris

take a pick.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total Newbe,how do I start????

I am totaly new at Unix, and have a job offer in about 6 months if I can get a handle on Unix comand lines and other needed things to get this job.Please help me I really want this job.I am about to finish my A+ cert., and have studied for the MCSE 4.0 (paid for a school and then Microsoft... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chip1856
7 Replies

2. Linux

Newbe Linux user with his first question...

Okay, I have Mandrake Linux 9.1. I'm trying to set up different software sources from the source manager. My problem is, I know where I want the software to come from, but I don't know what to put in the "Relative path to synthesis/hdlist" area. Can someone help me and explain exactly what the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shadowmane
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Newbe

Hi, First of all. I'm a Unix newbe and never worked with unix (but I have got Linux for a few months), but I'd like to know where to get Unix or if it's x86 compatibel and all those questions. I know...ridiculous questions, but I really wanna know this. So: Where do I get Unix? Is it compatible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbe to linux and beryl

in new to the Linux os just install kubuntu with has beryl went through the whole deal with setting up everything and was wondering if anybody could help me figure out beryl i basically understand how it works but getting it to do the cube thing escape me help........:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

NEWBE Slice

I new to linux and am setting up a slice server. I actually made it to installing Apache but some how I messed up the ip tables. I cant access the server by sftp or putty. Im using the web interface at slice. I am logged in as a super user but cant do certain funtions. I guess i need to be logged... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DigitalExtreme
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installation on extra HD

3/19 List members: I have an extra HD in my early 2009 Intel Mac running OS 10.7.3 and Windows. Both of the latter systems have their own HD's devoted to them. On this extra HD I'd like to install Free BSD or any other version of Unix that is close to the version on which Apple bases its... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark1411
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cannot see extra Memory

Hi, I upgraded the physical memory on my RHEL5 server (BL460cG7) from 32G to 128G. When I rebooted the box I can see from the "hpasmcli" that the 128G memory has installed correctly. However when I run a "free" command I can only see 64G of physical RAM? Is there a restriction on the max... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Extra Delimiter

Hi , I have file like this.. aaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|fff|dsaaFFDFD| Adsads|sas|sa|as|asa|saddas|dsasd|sdad| dsas|dss|sss|sss|ddd|dssd|rrr|fddf| www|fff|refd|dads|fsdf|00sd| 5fgdg|dfs00|d55f|sfds55|445fsd|55ds|sdf| so I do no have any fix pattern and I want to remove extra... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajchaudhari
11 Replies
ADDPART(8)                                                     System Administration                                                    ADDPART(8)

NAME
addpart - tell the kernel about the existence of a partition SYNOPSIS
addpart device partition start length DESCRIPTION
addpart tells the Linux kernel about the existence of the specified partition. The command is a simple wrapper around the "add partition" ioctl. This command doesn't manipulate partitions on a block device. PARAMETERS
device The disk device. partition The partition number. start The beginning of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). length The length of the partition (in 512-byte sectors). SEE ALSO
delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The addpart command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux January 2015 ADDPART(8)