Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: snmpd daemon error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers snmpd daemon error Post 48136 by itsgeorge on Friday 27th of February 2004 07:58:42 AM
Old 02-27-2004
snmpd daemon error

Good day

I always find these error messages on /var/adm/messages

it appear every 15 mn , does any body know how to stop these messages without stopping the daemon , i tried to restart the daemon by uising Kill -HUP 332

please find below the error messages that appear always in /var/adm/messages:

[archapps]oracle:/>tail -f /var/adm/messages
Feb 27 09:45:39 archapps /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] Agent sn
mpd appeared dead but responded to ping
Feb 27 09:57:35 archapps /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] Agent sn
Feb 27 11:17:41 archapps /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] Agent sn
Feb 27 11:32:07 archapps /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] Agent sn
Feb 27 12:04:14 archapps /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] Agent sn
Feb 27 12:45:47 archapps /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] Agent sn
Feb 27 13:54:28 archapps su: [ID 810491 auth.crit] 'su root' failed for oracle o
n /dev/pts/10
Feb 27 13:57:58 archapps /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] Agent sn
Feb 27 14:15:39 archapps /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] Agent sn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

tftp daemon error

Hi everyone, I am currently receiving an error on my console that reads something like: <host> tftpd: socket (delay): Protocol not supported I have done so much research into tftpd, i've looked everywhere to find out what this might be caused by...unfortunately i have Solaris 8, so there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: myscsa2004
5 Replies

2. AIX

snmpd modification problem

Hi Gurus, I am relatively new in AIX. I have a problem in modifying the community string in snmpd. I have edited the /etc/snmpd.conf file and changed the default community name 'public' to new one (P@@$w0rd). When I tried to query my aix server with the new string , it is not giving any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helloajith
1 Replies

3. Linux

Snmpd

Hello to all. For setting my MRTG i want get snmp-info with LAN interface eth0 but information about snmpd daemon very small :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
0 Replies

4. Solaris

snmpd manager question

Solaris 8 I have a question about snmpd. My software is running on one box. This box has 2 snmp managers. Is it possible to configure snmpd on my software box such that only one of the managers can perform snmpsets? I want my *redundant* snmp manager only to be able receive traps and do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

SNMPD: need a little help.

Hi there all, I am running here an HP UX 11i v1. I got snmpd running here now. But how do I configure it so it also shows the HD's and swap and RAM's? So I can get the info back to Solarwinds Orion? All I get now is network card status. I want as many info as posible.. Thanx and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: draco
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

AIX - snmpd version

Hi, I have a P595 server with AIX 5.3 and i need to know what version of snmpd i use on this: Example: On solaris i use Net-snmpd 5.4.2.1 (netsnmp-5.4.2.1-sol9-sparc-local) because i can see the package. How can i see what snmpd package is installed on the AIX? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adm: [ID 70291 daemon.error]

Hi all I have been having this error in dmesg for quite some time and I'm not sure what's the errors associate with it. The closest I can get is the error in the fd2log, mv: cannot rename pacct.0 to SPacct.0.xxxx: Permission denied I initially solved the problem by setting the folder group... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
9 Replies

8. AIX

Disable snmpd for good

Hi everyone, I am struggling with something that I thought it would be really easy. I want to disable snmpd, but every time y reboot my server, it starts again. I've commented it out on the rc.tcpip file, but still it starts automatically. # Start up the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janpol
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Daemon error in Solaris 11

Hi guys, thanks for your help. Please can some explain to me what this error means Aug 21 09:18:29 solaris11 in.ndpd: incoming_ra: SIOCSLIFLNKINFO (interface net1): Invalid argument I am running solaris 11 in Sunfire T2000 Thank you very much for your assistance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Snmpd dying on centos7.1

Hello All, SNMPD dying after 2 mins once it started. Here is the configuration Oct 12 04:43:00 localhost systemd: Starting Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Daemon.... Oct 12 04:43:00 localhost snmpd: dlopen failed: /usr/lib64/libcmaX64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekar777
1 Replies
snmpXdmid(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     snmpXdmid(1M)

NAME
snmpXdmid - Sun Solstice Enterprise SNMP-DMI mapper subagent SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/dmi/snmpXdmid -s hostname [-h] [-c config-dir] [-d debug-level] DESCRIPTION
The snmpXdmid utility is a subagent in the Solstice Enterprise Agent Desktop Management Interface package. It maps the SNMP requests for- warded by the Master Agent ( snmpdx(1M)) into one or more equivalent DMI requests. Further, it remaps the DMI response into SNMP response back to snmpdx. By default, snmpXdmid also forwards the DMI indications as SNMP traps to snmpdx. The feature is configurable and can be disabled by setting TRAP_FORWARD_TO_MAGENT=0 in the snmpXdmid configuration file, snmpXdmid.conf. This subagent runs as a daemon in the system. The subagent uses a set of .MAP files located in /var/dmi/map to map the SNMP Object Identi- fier (OID) into a corresponding DMI component. The map files are generated using the MIF-to-MIB utility, miftomib. They are read by snm- pXdmid when a corresponding MIF file gets registered with the DMI Service Provider ( dmispd(1M)). The snmpXdmid.conf file is used for configuration information. Each entry in the file consists of a keyword followed by an equal sign (=), followed by a parameter string. The keyword must begin in the first position. A line beginning with a pound sign (#) is treated as a com- ment and the subsequent characters on that line are ignored. The keywords currently supported are: "small and bold">WARNING_TIMESTAIndication subscription expiration, warning time. EXPIRATION_TIMESTAMP Indication subscription expiration timestamp. FAILURE_THRESHOLD DMISP retries before dropping indication due to comm errors. TRAP_FORWARD_TO_MAGENT 0 Drop indication at the subagent level. non-zero Forward indications as SNMP traps to snmpdx. By default, the configuration file snmpXdmid.conf is located in the /etc/dmi/conf directory. You can specify an alternative directory with the -c option. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c config-dir Specify the directory where snmpXdmid.conf file is located. -d debug-level Debug. Levels from 1 to 5 are supported, giving various levels of debug information. -h Help. Print the command line usage. -s hostname Specify the host on which dmispd is running. FILES
/etc/dmi/conf/snmpXdmid.conf DMI mapper configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsadmi | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dmispd(1M), snmpdx(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Dec 1996 snmpXdmid(1M)