Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TFTP setup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers TFTP setup Post 479 by Neo on Wednesday 6th of December 2000 01:26:15 PM
Old 12-06-2000
Please upload a copy of your inetd.conf file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootp/tftp

Hi, Setting up print queue, using SMIT on AIX And I have an option saying do I wish to make this a BOOTP/TFTP server. What exactly does this do? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

TFTP question

I have been hearing that this protocol offers faster throughput rate than FTP, is it true? If so, are there any compromise in reliability on data being sent? How do I set up a TFTP transfer instead of a FTP to download? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ho_k
3 Replies

3. Solaris

tftp daemon error

Hi everyone, I am currently receiving an error on my console that reads something like: <host> tftpd: socket (delay): Protocol not supported I have done so much research into tftpd, i've looked everywhere to find out what this might be caused by...unfortunately i have Solaris 8, so there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: myscsa2004
5 Replies

4. Linux

tftp question

RH 7.2 I am attempting to get tftp working but I'm having a problem. On the server, xinetd has libwrap options compiled in. I have a deny all policy in my hosts.deny file and the following entries in my hosts.allow file: in.tftpd:.10.151.2.6 But...when I attempt to tftp from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalburger
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tftp

Is it possible to copy files between two computers with TFTP.And how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bericica
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enabling TFTP

ive been trying to enable a tftp service on a unix box using the command atftpd --daemon but when i scan the open ports using nmap it doesnt show that port 21 as up does anyone know the reason... ive tried /etc/init.d/atftpd start , it didnt work if i type atftpd by it self it gives me a set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratamahatta
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tftp troubleshooting

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TFTP not found

Hi, I'm trying to run the tftp client on tsch shell and I get command not found, but on bash tftp ran fine, can anyone help me on how to run it on tsch? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wsn
1 Replies

9. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

10. Linux

tftp will not start.

I have setup nimol on a Fedora 9 machine. Nimol is installed and correctly configured and I have a client rs6000 (43p) declared in the dhcpd.conf file. all is running correctly and tftp is installed. I am monitoring /var/log/messages when I start the 43p and see the dhcp request come in and a reply... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
0 Replies
rdate(1M)                                                 System Administration Commands                                                 rdate(1M)

NAME
rdate - set system date from a remote host SYNOPSIS
rdate hostname DESCRIPTION
rdate sets the local date and time from the hostname given as an argument. You must have the authorization solaris.system.date on the local system. Typically, rdate is used in a startup script. The inetd daemon responds to rdate requests. To enable inetd response, the lines invoking the time command in inetd.conf must not be com- mented out. USAGE
The rdate command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), ip6(7P) SunOS 5.10 15 Feb 2001 rdate(1M)