Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail problem
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) mail problem Post 47521 by yoveln on Thursday 12th of February 2004 02:36:44 AM
Old 02-12-2004
Sorry

Hi

I thoght that we are talking about opening mail

For my info. if you have Safari on your system you need to

choose it as your defualt browser

To do so you need to go to system pref. - internet

and to choose Safari as defualt.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mail

what I have to write in a shell that every time that it arrives a new e-mail has to perform a program taking some data from the e-mail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmistero
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail problem !!

Hi, Below a try to send an email to a local user can be seen. I can NOT send e-mail anywhere, but I receive email perfectly. <pre> isgsi01(root)10: mail aris < /home/aris/mail2send dbm map "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/mail/aliases: No such file or directory </pre> ..... but the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mail.

Hello! I have two servers with Solaris 2.7 I send mail from first to second. The first is also dns. It's known as "ns.oldb.pkb", second is "dev.pkb". Ping works successful from 1 to 2 and vice verse. But when I am trying on first server : sendmail -v user@dev.pkb < /etc/motd it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colf
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem

if ping $1 3 then { sleep 1 echo "HELO domain.co.uk" sleep 1 echo "MAIL FROM: mark@domain.co.uk" sleep 1 echo "RCPT TO: markms@domain.co.uk" sleep 1 echo "DATA" echo "This is a test from a file." echo "." echo "quit" } | telnet $1 25 else echo problem fi The above is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markms
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with Mail !

I have a o/p file called a1.txt from a script. I m mailing this file but the problem is that in the mail the format is comming different. Contents of a1.txt ------------------------------------ Meter 090845086LG is now Made AMR Active Meter 090845088LG is now Made AMR Active Meter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail problem

hi folks , i am working in UNIX . i was wondered when i gone through below lines in some scripts. Can anyone describe me how this is working . thanks in advance.. /usr/sbin/sendmail -t < $0.email /usr/bin/mailx -s "$EDI_HOST: Report....@ `date`" GROUP_ALERT <<EOF `cat $0.email`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP UX mail problem

I am uxing HP UX mailx, I want to send mail with: 1) to list 2) cc list 3) sender address 4) mail body 5) subject 6) attachment I am using : (cat cc_list; cat mail_body; ux2dos file_1 | uuencode attachment.txt)|mailx -m -s "subject" -r sender@abc.com recepient@abc.com cc_list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamadak
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Problem

Hi All, I am having a problem that is very similar to the one being discussed here. I am using OS X and am trying to send mail from the OS X Terminal to my GMail account. The mail seems to go through, but gets stuck at Google's servers. I have a log file from the /var/mail directory that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielsutton
0 Replies
CLAWS-MAIL-ACPI-NOTIFIER(1)				      General Commands Manual				       CLAWS-MAIL-ACPI-NOTIFIER(1)

NAME
claws-mail-acpi-notifier -- Mail notification using laptop's mail LED DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the claws-mail-acpi-notifier This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. claws-mail-acpi-notifier is a plugin (loadable module) for the Claws Mail mailer. Enables mail notification via the mail LED available on some laptops. LED can be set to blinking or on when new mail is received. Also can be set to blinking when user interaction is required. USAGE
Before using a plugin you must instruct Claws Mail to load it on startup. For this you must go ``Configuration'' menu on main window toolbar, open ``Plugins...'' dialog, click on the ``Load plugin...'' button and select the plugin file, named acpi_notifier.so, and press the ``Open'' button. SEE ALSO
claws-mail (1), claws-mail-extra-plugins (1). AUTHOR
claws-mail-acpi-notifier was written by Colin Leroy colin@colino.net This manual page was written by Ricardo Mones mones@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CLAWS-MAIL-ACPI-NOTIFIER(1)