Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fun with tar
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers fun with tar Post 475 by veitcha on Wednesday 6th of December 2000 11:38:37 AM
Old 12-06-2000

thanks a lot, it's up and running now.

anyone else here in the distributed.net challenge?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Fun with FreeBSD

Fun With Automounting on FreeBSD Link: Nice tips for FreeBSD Unix. http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

like to have fun in terminal

Hai Friends I have installed FreeBSD in my system... I have installed it to work in text mode don't have the GUI. The default text color is Black background with White Foreground. I want it to be with Black background with Green Foreground. How could i do that. Thanks in advance Collins (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

fun scripts

Lets get a list of everyones funny scripts (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with awk

uggc://ra.jvxvcrqvn.bet/jvxv/EBG13 #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { for (n=0;n<26;n++) { x=sprintf("%c",n+65); y=sprintf("%c",(n+13)%26+65) r=y; r=tolower(y) } } { b = "" for (n=1; x=substr($0,n,1); n++) b = b ((y=r)?y:x) print b } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

More fun with awk

#!/usr/bin/ksh ls -l $@ | awk ' /^-/ { l = 5*log($5) h = sprintf("%7d %-72s",$5,$8) print "\x1B ls command with histogram of file sizes. The histogram scale is logaritmic, to avoid very short bars for smaller files or very long bars for bigger files. Screenshot: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies
sasl_checkapop(3SASL)			      Simple Authentication Security Layer Library Functions			     sasl_checkapop(3SASL)

NAME
sasl_checkapop - check an APOP challenge or response SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lsasl [ library ... ] #include <sasl/sasl.h> int sasl_checkapop(sasl_conn_t *conn, const char *challenge, unsigned challen, const char *response, unsigned resplen); DESCRIPTION
The sasl_checkapop() interface checks an APOP challenge or response. APOP is an option POP3 authentication command that uses a shared secret password. See RFC 1939. If sasl_checkapop() is called with a NULL challenge, sasl_checkapop() will check to see if the APOP mechanism is enabled. PARAMETERS
conn The sasl_conn_t for which the request is being made challenge The challenge sent to the client challen The length of challenge response The client response resplens The length of response RETURN VALUES
sasl_checkapop() returns an integer that corresponds to a SASL error code. ERRORS
SASL_OK Indicates that the authentication is complete All other error codes indicate an error situation that must be handled, or the authentication session should be quit. See sasl_errors(3SASL) for information on SASL error codes. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |SUNWlibsasl | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sasl_errors(3SASL), attributes(5) Meyers, J. and Rose, M. RFC 1939, Post Office Protocol - Version 3. Network Working Group. May 1996. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2003 sasl_checkapop(3SASL)