Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting patterns from logs and activities Post 47398 by rocketkids on Tuesday 10th of February 2004 05:45:21 AM
Old 02-10-2004
sorry for the delay,
i already found what i was looking for... i was looking to visualize bahvioral patterns of users, its more an art project than useful it-stuff...
but anyway, i appreciate your help very much,
thank you very much!
rocket

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Keeping an eye on all user activities

I am responsible for administering 6 Tru64UX servers. I need to keep an eye on all the commands executed by all the users. Is there a way where I can save the commands executed in a seperate folder and then keep checking the list every now and then. How can do it ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shauche
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tracking activities of Users using a particular login.

Hi!! Experts, I have a typical scenario here in which several users have access to a particular login .. say "build". None of the users know the passwd for this login. The name of some of the user have been to .rhosts file. The users can connect only by doing a rlogin to this id and then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need for loop to do 2 activities

I need my for loop to do 2 things at a time. I have a script where I move the old files into archive directory and then i want to compress them. Presently I am using 2 for loops for it. How can i do it in 1 for loop. Code: after this i am compresing them in another for loop: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

restricting users privileges and logging their activities

Hello, I'm administrating new installed cluster that runs Legato Networker and Oracle 9. And I want to restrict the use of root to my self and givr the application and DBA the proper and needed privileges to do their duties without hassle in addition I would like to log users activities. my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sh_ksa
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for monitoring users activities

hi I need a shell script which runs perpetually in background and monitors different aspects of different users on different files and their usages for example say there r 3 users so i want when they log in i.e. their log in time and their file access, modify and change log of each file of a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SYSLOGS - Where can I find FTP activities

Greetings to all. I need help from the experts. I have been given a FTP server script that runs all day, looking for files that are FTP'd to our machines. Its hoaky I know, but there are times that files are sent but somehow get lost. Is there a logfile I can view to see when files are received? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search patterns in multiple logs parallelly.

Hi All, I am starting a service which will redirect its out put into 2 logs say A and B. Now for succesful startup of the service i need to search pattern1 in log A and pattern2 in log B which are writen continuosly. Now my requirement is to find the patterns in the increasing logs A and B... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
19 Replies

8. SuSE

How do I make activities appear in SYSLOG file?

SUSE Linux 11 and 10 SP3. I am trying to capture some of my activities in SYSLOG file, /var/log/messages. To do this I created and dropped some test files and directories and users. But these activities are not captured in /var/log/messages. What should I do to make these activities... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Find files excluding file patterns and subfolder patterns

Hello. For a given folder, I want to select any files find $PATH1 -f \( -name "*" but omit any files like pattern name ! -iname "*.jpg" ! -iname "*.xsession*" ..... \) and also omit any subfolder like pattern name -type d \( -name "/etc/gconf/gconf.*" -o -name "*cache*" -o -name "*Cache*" -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

10. Programming

DB2 z/os How to Track table delete Activities

Dear Team I am using DB2 v10 z/os database . Need expert guidance to figure out best way to track table activities ( Ex Delete, Insert,Update ) Scenario We have a table which is critical and many developer/testing team access on daily basis . We had instance where some deleted entire table .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
1 Replies
case(1T)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  case(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
case - Evaluate one of several scripts, depending on a given value SYNOPSIS
case string ?in? patList body ?patList body ...? case string ?in? {patList body ?patList body ...?} _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Note: the case command is obsolete and is supported only for backward compatibility. At some point in the future it may be removed entirely. You should use the switch command instead. The case command matches string against each of the patList arguments in order. Each patList argument is a list of one or more patterns. If any of these patterns matches string then case evaluates the following body argument by passing it recursively to the Tcl interpreter and returns the result of that evaluation. Each patList argument consists of a single pattern or list of patterns. Each pattern may con- tain any of the wild-cards described under string match. If a patList argument is default, the corresponding body will be evaluated if no patList matches string. If no patList argument matches string and no default is given, then the case command returns an empty string. Two syntaxes are provided for the patList and body arguments. The first uses a separate argument for each of the patterns and commands; this form is convenient if substitutions are desired on some of the patterns or commands. The second form places all of the patterns and commands together into a single argument; the argument must have proper list structure, with the elements of the list being the patterns and commands. The second form makes it easy to construct multi-line case commands, since the braces around the whole list make it unneces- sary to include a backslash at the end of each line. Since the patList arguments are in braces in the second form, no command or variable substitutions are performed on them; this makes the behavior of the second form different than the first form in some cases. SEE ALSO
switch(1T) KEYWORDS
case, match, regular expression ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.0 case(1T)