Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MyDoom in mail queue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting MyDoom in mail queue Post 47386 by pmj1970 on Monday 9th of February 2004 05:26:12 PM
Old 02-09-2004
In the mail queue (mailq && /var/spool/mqueue) we have a bunch of MyDoom virus emails waiting to be delivered to domains and email addresses that does not exist.

I would like to remove them since they should not be sent because they are viruses.

I have a start of a script:
grep -f ./patterns.txt /var/spool/mqueue/dfi* | awk -F: '{print $1}' | tr -d '/var/spool/mqueue/dfi' | awk -F: '{print "rm -
f /var/spool/mqueue/qfi"$1" /var/spool/mqueue/dfi"$1}'>/home/pjohansson/mqueue/filtered/run_this
chmod +x ./run_this

With the accompaning file:
cat patterns.txt
filename="message.zip"
filename="body.zip"
filename="data.zip"
filename="text.scr"
filename="text.zip"
filename="data.pif"
filename="readme.zip"
filename="file.zip"
filename="readme.scr"

but I am getting
rm: lstat 'filename' cannot find file or something like this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clearing Mail Queue

Hello, I am trying to clear my mail queue with the following command: rm /var/spool/mqueue/* But when I do this I get this error: /bin/rm: Argument list too long. Can someone tell me what that error means and what I can do to correct it so I can clear my mail queue? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chet
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script needed for mail queue notification

Hi shell experts, I would like to have a shell script running in a redhat server for monitoring the mailqueue status. I have already installed the qmHandle and I am using it to get a status of the mail queue in daily basis. I am executing the qmhandle in the cron. Now I am planning to execute... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nightman
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail is not sent, instead just coping into /var/spool/queue dir

Hi, I have some problems w/ the sendmail. I see that messages are queued in the /var/spool/mqueue and they are never sent to the recipients. This problem just suddenly started without any modifications in the current configuration. I already started and stop the sendmail and it did not help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktanya
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

postfix - reinject mail to postfix from hold queue directory

hi all. Am using smtpd_recipient_restrictions & check_recipient_access in postfix. The hash file looks like this: emailaddress1 HOLD emailaddress2 HOLD The aim is to place email from these recipients in the hold directory,check them then reinject them back in postfix on some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

flush the mail queue

Hi Guys, My mail queue is showing a mail. I want to flush the queue. Can you let me know how to flush the mail queue. Regards, Magesh (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Queue refilling

Hello I'm using Cent OS6 and a webmin interface I've had an issue where over 1 million emails were queued in the sendmail mail queue. I found a thread on here from 2002 explaining how to delete them all and it worked great. Thanks Perderabu unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullbreed
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check pending mail in mail queue

I know the command mailq can check the pending mail in mqueue , and also have another command to check POSIX mail queue in server , now I will regularly check the mqueue manually , it is time consuming , would advise the script that could help to check the mail queue , and then send the details to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check mail queue

We use Redhat server , we always use mailq to check any pending mail in mailq , when run the command mailq , it shows all existing pending mail would advise how to write a script to show the pending mails which are older than 24 hours , ( if possible , then send this pending mail info to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
mailq(1)							   User Commands							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - print the mail queue SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mailq [-Ac] [-q subarg] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq utility displays a summary of the mail messages queued for future delivery. The first line displayed for each mail message shows the internal identifier used on this host for the message, the size of the message in bytes, the date and time the message was accepted into the queue, and the envelope sender of the message. The second line of the display shows the error message that caused this message to be retained in the queue. This line will not be displayed if the message is being pro- cessed for the first time. The mailq utility used to be identical to sendmail -bp. Now it checks for the authorization attribute, solaris.mail.mailq. If the check for the invoking user succeeds, sendmail -bp is executed with the remaining argument vector. Otherwise, an error message is printed. This authorization attribute is by default enabled for all users. It can be disabled by modifying the Basic Solaris User entry in prof_attr(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -Ac Like sendmail(1M), this flag tells mailq to use submit.cf rather than sendmail.cf even if the operation mode does not indicate an initial mail submission. This will result in the client queue /var/spool/clientmqueue being displayed rather than the default server queue /var/spool/mqueue. -qp[time] Similar to -qtime, except that instead of periodically forking a child to process the queue, sendmail forks a single per- sistent child for each queue that alternates between processing the queue and sleeping. The sleep time is given as the argument. The sleep time default is 1 second. The process will always sleep at least 5 seconds if the queue was empty in the previous queue run. -qf Processes saved messages in the queue once and does not fork(), but runs in the foreground. -qG name Processes jobs in the queue group called name only. -q[!]I substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the queue id, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]R substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of one of the recipients, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]S substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the sender, or not when ! is specified. -v Prints verbose information. This adds the priority of the message and a single character indicator (+ or blank) indicating whether a warning message has been sent on the first line of the message. Additionally, extra lines may be intermixed with the recipients that indicate the "controlling user" information. This shows who will own any programs that are executed on behalf of this message and the name of the alias this command is expanded from, if any. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/security/prof_attr local source for execution profile attributes /var/spool/mqueue default server queue /var/spool/clientmqueue client queue ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), prof_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2002 mailq(1)