Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reply timer
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators reply timer Post 4726 by Optimus_P on Monday 30th of July 2001 04:39:07 PM
Old 07-30-2001
reply timer

Neo,

can u please shorten the reply timer to like 1 min or so. It is prolly just me but i end up passing on replying to posts due to i hate waiting for my timer to reset w/ a 2.5 mins wait.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

generating timer

I'm trying generate an interrupt every 1 seconds using itimer and My clock is not running. This is what i did : printf("about to sleep for 1 second \n"); signal(SIGALRM, wakeup); //myTimer.it_interval.tv_sec=0; //myTimer.it_interval.tv_usec =0; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confuse
5 Replies

2. AIX

how to implement timer

anyone can help me how to implement the timer on AIX? I tried with 'setitimer' and its related functions, but it does not work correctly,the program exited each time. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing a timer

Hi!, My shell script takes a quite a long time to execute.. Nothing appears on the screen during this period.. User are left guessing... whats going on???????????? Any ideas on how to create a small timer script which print a word on screen say " wait.. Program running" after every 10 seconds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

timer

Hi all, Wanted to a create a shell script ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 1) which when called will start a timer and wait for 48 hours. after 48 hours it will call some function(say XYZ) 2) Whenever this shell script is called (can be called... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_oops9
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

VNC Timer

Hello fellows, I am new in this forum, i would appreciate your assistance. I need a timming system for my vnc desktops (Cybercafe timer stuff). Each unix user login to my server only with vnc, and i want to write a program that can generate timer tickets and have control on the time used for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foweja
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timer for VNC

Hello fellows, I am new in this forum, i would appreciate your assistance. I need a timming system for my vnc desktops (Cybercafe timer stuff). Each unix user login to my server only with vnc, and i want to write a program that can generate timer tickets and have control on the time used for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foweja
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timer

Is there a way to make a timer? E.g Please give the seconds... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aekaramg20
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timer

is there a timer function in unix without using C? for example i want to display a message after 5 seconds how do i do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timer as output

How do you set timer as output to the command line so that you get an output like Has been waiting for 5 seconds Has been waiting for 6 seconds ... Where only the number changes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies
timer_delete(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  timer_delete(3C)

NAME
timer_delete - delete a timer SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> int timer_delete(timer_t timerid); DESCRIPTION
The timer_delete() function deletes the specified timer, timerid, previously created by the timer_create(3C) function. If the timer is armed when timer_delete() is called, the behavior will be as if the timer is automatically disarmed before removal. The disposition of pending signals for the deleted timer is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the function returns 0. Otherwise, the function returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The timer_delete() function will fail if: EINVAL The timer ID specified by timerid is not a valid timer ID. ENOSYS The timer_delete() function is not supported by the system. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
timer_create(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Feb 2008 timer_delete(3C)