Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unzipping
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unzipping Post 4712 by FalconX2 on Monday 30th of July 2001 02:36:47 PM
Old 07-30-2001
Unzipping

Ok, im a lame newb, i know, but what are all the options for the tar command, and how do i use it properly...?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping problems in Unix

Hi, I have a zip file in a unix file system that contains approximately 1000000 files. I would like to unzip this file. When I use unzip, the unzip command starts extracting the files , but after extracting 65535 files, I am getting the following error. "note: didn't find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narayanan0
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in unzipping---URGENT

when try to unzip a very big file facing an error of disk full. can any body help me to unzip this file . $ unzip abc.zip Archive: abc.zip inflating: abc.zrp abc.zip write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) $ n Thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzipping problem

Hi, I have downloaded the oracle 9i software from oracle website. The file is in the following format. "lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" I need to unzip this file for installing oracle9i in my system. I tried with the following command to unzip the file "$gunzip lnx_920_disk1.cpio.gz" but i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Error while UNZIPPING

Hi, I have file.zip in windows machine, i moved that .zip to unix throught ftp. when i tried to unzip the .zip file getting the error. please see the below information for the same. I am using the below command to UNZIP : unzip /users/test/file.zip /users/test/test111 Below are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srujana
1 Replies

5. Linux

unzipping file > 2gb

I am not able to unzip file greater then 2gb, Any suggestions how to do that in linux? Regards, Manoj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping multiple files

I have some 10 to 20 .ZIP files in a given UNIX Directory and how to extract all the files into a one output file and preferably a .GZ file. Pls suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping the file

I have my folder structure like a file a.zip is placed in one folder. Inside a.zip is two other zip files x.zip and y.zip If i unzip x.zip i have folder a folder z and inside folder z there are different folders with event time appended to it. Inside the every event folder ,I have a sub folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weknowd
1 Replies

8. Solaris

trouble unzipping a package

Hello Unix gurus, I have been studying to install packages in solaris 10 but I can't seem to move forward. I downloaded a test package online ( gdb-6.8-sol10-sparc-local.gz ) and ftp to my home in solaris 10. I gave this command gunzip gdb-6.8-sol10-sparc-local.gz and this is what i keep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while Unzipping

Hi, I have transfered a Zip file from Windows to Unix and tried to Unzip it in Unix using ksh. But it throws an error: error : missing 24 bytes in zipfile (attempting to process anyway) error : attempt to seek before beginning of zipfile (please check that you have transferred or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping .Z file in UNIX

Hi , How can I unzip a .Z file in Unix? Thanks and regards, Anupam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
3 Replies
virt-tar-out(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-tar-out(1)

NAME
virt-tar-out - Pack a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. SYNOPSIS
virt-tar-out -a disk.img /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir - | gzip --best > files.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
"virt-tar-out" packs a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. The first parameter is the absolute path of the virtual machine directory. The second parameter is the tar file to write. Use "-" to write to standard output. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a guest: virt-tar-out -d MyGuest /home - | gzip --best > homes.tar.gz JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "tar-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-tar-out(1)