Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how can i install a programm? Post 4708 by jmcc01 on Monday 30th of July 2001 01:38:48 PM
Old 07-30-2001
These might be silly questions, but

The cdrom is configured and available?.
lsdev -Cc cdrom

If its not there run config manager
cfgmgrl

Is the filesystem there for the cdrom?
lsfs /dev/cd0

if its not there create one using;
smitty crcdrfs

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can install a programm?

Hello Friends, I have a problem with install.can u tell me how can I install a programm?I use AIX(IBM) system. And how can i access cd-rom?I can't mounted,coz i am not Root.(can u tell me another Command /way)? Thanks all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Christianto
1 Replies

2. Programming

run other programm

I have the programm, that says to STDERR(not to STDOUT!): "hello world!" and this programm is compiled and I have no sources. When I try to open this programm in another using C: ======================================= FILE *pp = popen("hello_to_stderr.exe", "r"); int c; string a; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shalmoo
2 Replies

3. Programming

how do i run am encrpyrtic programm on unix

how do i run am encrpyrtic programm on unix, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghoz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embeded programm within programm

Hi, How to embeded programme within perl programme. Shankarao (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarao
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view html in ksh programm

have a script in ksh called file1 #!/bin/ksh cat my.html --------------------------- and a html file hy.html can u tell me that if i execute "file1" script it will open hy.html bt here it is showing the all the tags along with text......... it should open the browser part... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Antivirus Programm for Solaris Desktop

Hello, I´m searching a antivirus solution for Solaris Desktop PC´s (Intel). Can anyone tell me more about some producer?? Thanks Volker (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingossi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with links programm.

Problem with links programm. Hi! I write sctipt for aytomatic checking into IE stas.html -> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/> <script type="text/javascript" src="newdata.submit()"></script> </head> <body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beckss
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell programm(need urgent Help)

Hi guys, i am new to shell can u please explain how to get those two outputs in temp1 i have i/p like abcd edk lkg jkl loop i need o/p abcd ********* edk********** lkg *********** jkl *********** loop************ need o/p abcd *************** (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokkrishna063
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Programm not working on all sample

Hi all I am using following code and input to duplicate entries till next row but out is cutting some words in this sample can anybody check on his system is there any error? awk ' { if($2 !~ /^ *$/) { a=substr($0,length($1)+1,index($0,$NF)-length($NF)); b=$NF; } print $1, a, b } ' file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
1 Replies
parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)				  System Administration Commands			      parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)

NAME
parse_dynamic_clustertoc - parse clustertoc file based on dynamic entries SYNOPSIS
cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc DESCRIPTION
This script parses the clustertoc file before the suninstall(1M) process is run. parse_dynamic_clustertoc is called by a modified syscon- fig script on the install CD. When parse_dynamic_clustertoc runs, it reads the clustertoc and when it encounters SUNW_CSRMBRIFF lines, it either checks the platform using the script's builtin function, or calls an external script. The script exits with a 0 if the cluster entry is included, otherwise it will be ignored. If the cluster entry is to be included, the SUNW_CSRMBRIFF =(test test_arg)cluster line is converted to SUNW_CSRMEMBER =cluster. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking For an SX Framebuffer The following is an example of a simple external test to check for an SX Framebuffer. The entry in the clustertoc file is shown and fol- lowing that is the script that must be placed in the install.d/dynamic_test directory. SUNW_CSRMBRIFF=(smcc.dctoc sx)SUNWCsx #! /bin/sh # # Likewise, this file is expected to live under $(TESTDIR). # case "$1" in sx) prtconf -p | grep 'SUNW,sx' 1> /dev/null;; esac FILES
cdrom/Solaris_2.x/locale/C/.clustertoc.dynamic Dynamic version of the clustertoc file cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SHWPcdrom (Solaris CD) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
suninstall(1M), clustertoc(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 1995 parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)