Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove application
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers remove application Post 4702 by andrec on Monday 30th of July 2001 12:37:39 PM
Old 07-30-2001
remove application

hi all,
I have a newbie question. I don't seem to find a program that simulate ADD/REMOVE program on WINxx. Is there any rule or typical way of how application is removed?
Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smitty, remove user, remove directory as well..

hi, i am on aix. i used smitty to remove a user.. but then found that its directory still exists.... so i have to remove the directory manually... am i doing it the right way? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remedy application

can someone please tell me where I can get information on how to use remedy?? are there any pdf files or sites I can go to for this?? if so, please list them (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Application terminate

OS : Solaris X86 gcc version 3.4.6 when i run my application, C with Motif application crashed and formed core. I collected the truss ouput. Incurred fault #6, FLTBOUNDS %pc = 0xFE8B35CD siginfo: SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR addr=0x00000275 Received signal #11, SIGSEGV siginfo:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish@123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

application for scripting

hi! I'm a high school student and I want to practice scripting at home. The problem is, I don't know how to and what to download so that i can install a Unix OS in my computer so i can try writing a script.. or can anyone recommend and application that i can use to try and run my scripts.. please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pangit_me
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

application with menu

Hi, Actually i need to develop a bash script with menu features. For example a Title should be always there . under that some menu options will be there..in each menu, submenus will be there. In order to build the script with menu features , which library is the preferable one in linux?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove brackets and put it in a column and remove repeated entry

Hi all, I want to remove the remove bracket sign ( ) and put in the separate column I also want to remove the repeated entry like in first row in below input (PA156) is repeated ESR1 (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) CHST3 (PA26503) docetaxel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I interface with pf in a C/C++ application?

I'd like to write a simple GUI C/C++ application (a simple interface) where the user can perform a few pf operations and also receive pf feedback (instead of using the pfctl command). I was hoping to get some guidance in regards to where to get started. The pf suggests the use of the ioctl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nactusberrilli
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove this post/remove information from it

In this thread: /shell-programming-and-scripting/255687-organizing-text-file-capital-names-capital-word-capital-word.html (sorry i cant use links) that is not an example, those are real students names with real student login id's for the college i am attending and i am on that list. Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: throwawayacc
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash to remove find and remove specific extension

The bash below executes and does find all the .bam files in each R_2019 folder. However set -x shows that the .bam extension only gets removed from one .bam file in each folder (appears to be the last in each). Why is it not removing the extension from each (this is $SAMPLE)? Thank you :). set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
REMOVE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 REMOVE(3)

NAME
remove - remove a file or directory SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int remove(const char *pathname); DESCRIPTION
remove() deletes a name from the file system. It calls unlink(2) for files, and rmdir(2) for directories. If the removed name was the last link to a file and no processes have the file open, the file is deleted and the space it was using is made available for reuse. If the name was the last link to a file, but any processes still have the file open, the file will remain in existence until the last file descriptor referring to it is closed. If the name referred to a symbolic link, the link is removed. If the name referred to a socket, FIFO, or device, the name is removed, but processes which have the object open may continue to use it. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
The errors that occur are those for unlink(2) and rmdir(2). CONFORMING TO
C89, C99, 4.3BSD, POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Under libc4 and libc5, remove() was an alias for unlink(2) (and hence would not remove directories). BUGS
Infelicities in the protocol underlying NFS can cause the unexpected disappearance of files which are still being used. SEE ALSO
rm(1), unlink(1), link(2), mknod(2), open(2), rename(2), rmdir(2), unlink(2), mkfifo(3), symlink(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-12-03 REMOVE(3)