Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Makefile wildcards
Top Forums Programming Makefile wildcards Post 4681 by rcscott on Monday 30th of July 2001 09:10:19 AM
Old 07-30-2001
Data Compiler

Sun WorkShop Compiler C 4.2
under Solaris 5.5.1

They can be compiled one after another as usual, but I do not want to specify each c file specifically in the makefile hence the use of a wildcard.

Any ideas ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wildcards in VI

I'm trying to delete lines from a large text file using VI. Every line that I am wanting to delete start with 'S' - all others do not. (A list of users) I've tried using * but doesn't seem to like it...any ideas... Doesn't have to be VI - but I'm better with VI than sed/awk. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wildcards

when writing a shell script (bourne) and using a unix command like 'ls' is there anything special you need to do to use a wildcard (like *)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benu302000
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls with wildcards

ok, I'm trying to write a script file that lists files with specific elements in the name into a txt file, it looks like this ls s*.dat > file_names.txt can't figure out whats wrong with that line, any ideas? thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: benu302000
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wildcards NOT

Hi All Please excuse another straightforward question. When creating a tar archive from a directory I am attempting to use wildcards to eliminate certain filetypes (otherwise the archive gets too large). So I am looking for something along these lines. tar -cf archive.tar * <minus all *.rst... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wildcards in path

Is there some rule about using wildcards in path? Say I want to create a file, but one of the directories in the path is called 1433d.default and on different machines it will be called <some other string>.default touch ~/Library/Application/*.default/myfile In theory I thought that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile executing another Makefile first?

I have 2 libraries in 2 different directories that I build with Makefiles. library B depends on library A. If I modify a .cpp file in library A and run lib B's Makefile can I have B's makefile to automatically rebuild library A? I am now rebuilding A, followed by B... but I'd like B to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwuster
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED and wildcards

I am using this code to locate and modify one particular ID in a file containing thousands of entries sed 's/^>OldID/>NewID/g' Infile > Outfile How can I modify the code so I can rename all old IDs to a new unique ID? I tried this sed 's/^>*/>NewID/g' Infile > Outfile but it did not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wildcards

These 2 websites do a GREAT job of explaining different types of wildcards. I learned about the categories of characters which I never knew about at all. GNU/Linux Command-Line Tools Guide - Wildcards GREP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies
cimworkshop(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   cimworkshop(1M)

NAME
cimworkshop - start the Sun WBEM CIM WorkShop application SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/bin/cimworkshop DESCRIPTION
The cimworkshop command starts Sun WBEM CIM WorkShop, a graphical user interface that enables you to create, modify, and view the classes and instances that describe the managed resources on your system. Managed resources are described using a standard information model called Common Information Model (CIM). A CIM class is a computer repre- sentation, or model, of a type of managed resource, such as a printer, disk drive, or CPU. A CIM instance is a particular managed resource that belongs to a particular class. Instances contain actual data. Objects can be shared by any WBEM-enabled system, device, or applica- tion. CIM objects are grouped into meaningful collections called schema. One or more schemas can be stored in directory-like structures called namespaces. The CIM WorkShop application displays a Login dialog box. Context help is displayed on the left side of the CIM WorkShop dialog boxes. When you click on a field, the help content changes to describe the selected field. By default, CIM WorkShop uses the RMI protocol to connect to the CIM Object Manager on the local host, in the default namespace, rootMan- ager using the standard XML/HTTP protocol from the Desktop Management Task Force. When a connection is established, all classes contained in the default namespace are displayed in the left side of the CIM WorkShop window. The name of the current namespace is listed in the tool bar. All programming operations are performed within a namespace. Four namespaces are created in a root namespace during installation: cimv2 Contains the default CIM classes that represent managed resources on your system. security Contains the security classes used by the CIM Object Manager to represent access rights for users and namespaces. system Contains properties for configuring the CIM Object Manager. snmp Contains pre-defined SNMP-related classes and all SNMP MOF files that are compiled. The cimworkshop application allows you to perform the following tasks: Create, view, and change namespaces. Use the CIM WorkShop application to view all namespaces. A namespace is a directory-like structure that can store CIM classes and instances. Create, delete, and view CIM classes. You cannot modify the unique attributes of the classes that make up the CIM and Solaris Schema. You can create a new instance or sub- class of the class and modify the desired attributes in that instance or subclass. Create, modify, delete, and view CIM instances. You can add instances to a class and modify its inherited properties or create new properties. You can also change the property values of a CIM instance. Invoke methods. You can set input values for a parameter of a method and invoke the method. When CIM WorkShop connects to the CIM Object Manager in a particular namespace, all subsequent operations occur within that namespace. When you connect to a namespace, you can access the classes and instances in that namespace (if they exist) and in any namespaces contained in that namespace. When you use CIM WorkShop to view CIM data, the WBEM system validates your login information on the current host. By default, a validated WBEM user is granted read access to the CIM Schema. The CIM Schema describes managed objects on your system in a standard format that all WBEM-enabled systems and applications can interpret. Read Only Allows read-only access to CIM Schema objects. Users with this privilege can retrieve instances and classes, but cannot create, delete, or modify CIM objects. Read/Write Allows full read, write, and delete access to all CIM classes and instances. Write Allows write and delete, but not read access to all CIM classes and instances. None Allows no access to CIM classes and instances. USAGE
The cimworkshop command is not a tool for a distributed environment. Rather, this command is used for local administration on the machine on which the CIM Object Manager is running. EXIT STATUS
The cimworkshop utility terminates with exit status 0. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwbdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mofcomp(1M), wbemlogviewer(1M), init.wbem(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 cimworkshop(1M)