Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Raw partition check
Operating Systems Linux Raw partition check Post 46625 by RajaRC on Wednesday 21st of January 2004 07:09:37 AM
Old 01-21-2004
Raw partition check

Hi

I have Redhat linux 9. How can I check the size of a raw partition

Regards,
Raja
Cool Linux!!!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

About raw partition

Hi I have solaris 8 installed on Intel machine. the disk I have is IDE. I would like to know how can I create a raw partition on an IDE disk. Regards, Raja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I check if I have raw filesystem on unix/linux

Hello again. Please can someone tell me how can i check if my filesystem is raw on unix/linux ? Is there some file to check or something like that to be sure ? also , when i do : $ ls -l /dev/rdisk i get among other things , this also(there resides are oracle related files) : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash?

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash? And when is $? variable one? Please give example. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the partition size on server

Dear All, I need notification mail from server while device size crossed 80% approximately.I tried following shell .its working fine when the device name like /dev/sdc1 etc.Its not working in LVM name.For example Script: #!/bin/sh echo "Storage server space details"; df -H | grep -vE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 using raw partition for Oracle 10g

Hellow friends, We are having AIX 5.3 total memory allotted to /Backup directory is 700GB actual used memory is 250GB ..but when i issue df -gt command to check space it is showing /Backup directory is 70% full ..how to identify root cause.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umashankar1987
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check size of a partition

hi want to schedule a script for displaying the size of the partiition. For example df -g /dev/fslv03 2000.00 535.43 74% 179943 1% /nvbkp we have several mount point like this but i want to schedule script to display size of the above mount point only. Thanks Ankit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit2012
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Is it possible to extend a extended partition raw space in harddisk thru rhel 6

hi all, As going thru LVM concepts in rhel 6, got hit with a question about "how to use the raw partition of an harddisk which extended volume is taken a bit" please find the attached diagram... is it possible to use this raw space with previously created extended partition without data... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a raw partition

Hi, I had created a primary partition (/dev/sda3) and made ext3 file system on it. then mounted it on a directory and touch a file (x) into this partition. however, I want to remove this partition and recreate it as an empty partition. so I used 'd' in fdisk command and delete that partition.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siavash sh
3 Replies
FINDFS(8)						       System Administration							 FINDFS(8)

NAME
findfs - find a filesystem by label or UUID SYNOPSIS
findfs NAME=value DESCRIPTION
findfs will search the block devices in the system looking for a filesystem or partition with specified tag. The currently supported tags are: LABEL=<label> Specifies filesystem label. UUID=<uuid> Specifies filesystem UUID. PARTUUID=<uuid> Specifies partition UUID. This partition identifier is supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition tables. PARTLABEL=<label> Specifies partition label (name). The partition labels are supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) or MAC partition tables. If the filesystem or partition is found, the device name will be printed on stdout. The complete overview about filesystems and partitions you can get for example by lsblk --fs partx --show <disk> blkid EXIT STATUS
0 success 1 label or uuid cannot be found 2 usage error, wrong number of arguments or unknown option AUTHOR
findfs was originally written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> and re-written for the util-linux package by Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
blkid(8), lsblk(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The findfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux March 2014 FINDFS(8)