Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Executing JCL through UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Executing JCL through UNIX Post 46497 by Perderabo on Saturday 17th of January 2004 01:16:42 PM
Old 01-17-2004
ftp is just a way to transfer files. I don't understand why you expect it to run stuff.

We use ftp to our mainframe, but it just transfers files back and forth.

You might try:
site help
to see what site commands the server supports.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing UNIX command from java on NT

Hi - I am totally new to UNIX so please bear with me... I run a java program on Win NT server to do file ftp to UNIX server. I log in, cd, create ftp file on UNIX and quit from my java progam - all works well. Now I want to execute a script on UNIX. At the UNIX 'console'/'shell' (!?) you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CJ Walt
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any such thing as JCL for Unix?

beyond newbie but I figured, what better place to ask than the "dummies" section :) Please point me to any online documentation for such a beast if it exists. thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jump23
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a unix command

Hi, I need to execute the following unix command through my java code - zip -e When i execute this command from the command prompt, i am prompted for a password in the following manner - Enter password: Verify password: Is it possible to provide the password inthe first command itself... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob23
5 Replies

4. Programming

Executing pl/sql using sqlplus on unix

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick1234
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi to all, I have a endday.sh file. And I execute this like "sh endday.sh" from command prompt. In endday.sh file it writes: sqlplus temp/temp@data @run.sql& echo $!>>pid.txt However my aim is not to put the pid into pid.txt but I need to insert the pid into an oracle table using sqlplus.... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

7. Solaris

passing an input parameter like date thru jcl using BPXBATCH utility

Hi.... i need to pass the dates (from - to) as the input parameters thru jcl invoking BPXBATCH utility. I know that PARM will do the above functionality. But how the above dates passed through jcl will be linked in the java-db2 program to be used in sql queries in order to generate the report... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sujatha Gowda
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can we execute Mainframe JCL thru UNIX

Hi, can we execute mainframe jcl in Unix system. I want to run jcl in unix instead of mainframe. Thanks in advance. Please post in an adequate forum! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev Das
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mainframe SAS JCL to Korn Shell script conversion

Hi All, Please help me to the conversion of Mainframe SAS JCL to korn Unix script. Please share the example from SAS JCL to Korn Unix Script. It be really helpful. Please share the online source also so I can look into it. Thanks, Abhishek (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Tyagi
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing of UNIX script using email

Dear Unix Leads, can you please let me know is it possible to execute a shell script in UNIX machine sending an email from outlook or gmail ? or is it possible to generate a token file in UNIX by sending email which we can indirectly use to trigger script your response on this is highly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies
SHCOMP(1)						    User Environment Utilities							 SHCOMP(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a ksh93 shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [ options ] [infile] [outfile]] ORIGIN OF THIS MAN PAGE
This man page was written by Christophe Martin <Schplurtz@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It is based on "shcomp --man" output. DESCRIPTION
Unless -D is specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh93 can read and execute with the same effect as the original script. Since aliases are processed as the script is read, alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. If -D is specified, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internationalization. If outfile is omitted, then the results will be written to standard output. If infile is also omitted, the shell script will be read from standard input. OPTIONS
-D, --dictionary Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. -n, --noexec Displays warning messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. -v, --verbose Displays input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. --man Displays this man page on standard error and exits. --help Shows a short help message and exits. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. DEBIAN WARNING
On a Debian GNU/Linux system, more than one package may provide ksh. the output of shcomp can only be used by ksh93. Any other ksh will be unable to run the compiled script. EXAMPLE
( echo '#! /bin/ksh93' ; shcomp myscript ) > myscript.bin && chmod 755 myscript.bin ./myscript.bin SEE ALSO
ksh(1) IMPLEMENTATION
version shcomp (AT&T Labs Research) 2003-03-02 author David Korn <dgk@research.att.com> copyright Copyright (c) 1982-2005 AT&T Corp. license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl1.0.txt KSH93 Fri Jun 3 2005 SHCOMP(1)