Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Sockets donot send any thing to client Post 4635 by biswa on Saturday 28th of July 2001 02:24:35 AM
Old 07-28-2001
Sockets donot send any thing to client

I have written a socket program in C under RedHat Linux 6.2. This program is using SOCK_STREAM (TCP) to connect to any ip address at port # 23. The program is hosted on the linux machine and works well with Cisco routers. But when I am trying to connect to the same linux machine, it does not return any thing. I have checked my hosts.allow and hosts.deny files. They don't have any restrictions. I am able to use telnet client to login to my linux server.

Can any one help me sort this out ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment to web-based email client using mailx

hi, i am trying to send mail with attachment to web-based email client like gmail.com using mailx. the problem is it is displayed in content rather than as attachment. the code i am using is as follows, uuencode test1.txt test1.txt | mailx -s "test only" aaaa@gmail.com does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randomcz1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to send mail from server to client's email-id

i want to send email from server to the client's email-id. server is solaris. please help me out.i want to send mail to the email-id not to the var/spool/mail. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
8 Replies

3. Programming

UDP socket - can both client and server recv and send

Hi, Am very new to socket programming. When we use UDP sockets to communicate between two processess, will both the client/server socket be able to send/recv ? meaning can sendto()/ recvfrom() be used on both server and client? It could be useful even if anybody provide some link on socket... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to acknowledge from client to server in sockets

Hi all, i am having a doubt regarding how to get the acknowledgement(reply) from client to server & how to recieve at the server....imagine there r 8 frames...we have to send first 4frames at a time and after tat we have to receive and ack and only after receiving an ack we have to send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to allow roaming client to send mails via its mail server

Hi folks OS- Debian Etch Xen postfix courier perdition perdition-mysql MySQL Single public IP Dom0 - Debian Etch workstation Server-1, domU1 for routing with perdition and perdition-mysql installed Server-2, domU2, mail server for domain-A Server-3, domU3, mail server for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Client/server atm with sockets

Hello everyone!I would appreciate any help you could give me,I have to make a program of an atm machine using client server sockets and semaphores.I know how to construct an ATM in c++ but don't know anything about unix c.The problem is that Don't know what to do and how to link the two programs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamanas
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Configuring send mail client in solaris 10

Dear all, We have SMTP server in our organization & i want to send e-mails from solaris machine using sendmail ... in which file i need to put the smtp server ip, username & passwd.. kindly help ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
4 Replies

8. Programming

sockets - can you send data while waiting on select()

Hey guys, Is it possible to have a worker thread send data out a TCP connection while another thread is waiting using using select() on that same connection? If not, then what is the correct way to maintain a connection, react to incoming data, and send data over a TCP connection? Thanks... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: scubanarc
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring mail to send email from server to client

Hi, I want to send an email from server to my gmail account for all critical messages reported in the server. Kindly help me in configuring the same. Regards Rochit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Packetize data to send it over tcp sockets

Hello All, I am very new to socket programming and client server architecture. I have to write a client which will send some data to server and server will display it on its console. I am ready with both client and server but my problem is with packetizing of data -- I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies
TCPDMATCH(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      TCPDMATCH(8)

NAME
tcpdmatch - tcp wrapper oracle SYNOPSYS
tcpdmatch [-d] [-i inet_conf] daemon client tcpdmatch [-d] [-i inet_conf] daemon[@server] [user@]client DESCRIPTION
tcpdmatch predicts how the tcp wrapper would handle a specific request for service. Examples are given below. The program examines the tcpd access control tables (default /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny) and prints its conclusion. For maximal accuracy, it extracts additional information from your inetd or tlid network configuration file. When tcpdmatch finds a match in the access control tables, it identifies the matched rule. In addition, it displays the optional shell com- mands or options in a pretty-printed format; this makes it easier for you to spot any discrepancies between what you want and what the pro- gram understands. ARGUMENTS
The following two arguments are always required: daemon A daemon process name. Typically, the last component of a daemon executable pathname. client A host name or network address, or one of the `unknown' or `paranoid' wildcard patterns. When a client host name is specified, tcpdmatch gives a prediction for each address listed for that client. When a client address is specified, tcpdmatch predicts what tcpd would do when client name lookup fails. Optional information specified with the daemon@server form: server A host name or network address, or one of the `unknown' or `paranoid' wildcard patterns. The default server name is `unknown'. Optional information specified with the user@client form: user A client user identifier. Typically, a login name or a numeric userid. The default user name is `unknown'. OPTIONS
-d Examine hosts.allow and hosts.deny files in the current directory instead of the default ones. -i inet_conf Specify this option when tcpdmatch is unable to find your inetd.conf or tlid.conf network configuration file, or when you suspect that the program uses the wrong one. EXAMPLES
To predict how tcpd would handle a telnet request from the local system: tcpdmatch in.telnetd localhost The same request, pretending that hostname lookup failed: tcpdmatch in.telnetd 127.0.0.1 The predict what tcpd would do when the client name does not match the client address: tcpdmatch in.telnetd paranoid On some systems, daemon names have no `in.' prefix, or tcpdmatch may need some help to locate the inetd configuration file. FILES
The default locations of the tcpd access control tables are: /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny SEE ALSO
tcpdchk(8), tcpd configuration checker hosts_access(5), format of the tcpd access control tables. hosts_options(5), format of the language extensions. inetd.conf(5), format of the inetd control file. tlid.conf(5), format of the tlid control file. AUTHORS
Wietse Venema (wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl), Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, Eindhoven University of Technology Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands TCPDMATCH(8)