Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bootup script
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users bootup script Post 46161 by Perderabo on Friday 9th of January 2004 10:55:25 AM
Old 01-09-2004
It sounds like you're doing things more or less right. Look in /etc/rc.log to see if there are any clues there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Triple bootup

Hi guys, May I know how to install Solaris 8 in the way that I can triple boot it with my the other two OS: WIndows ME and Windows 2000 Pro. Can you all please kindly advise me on how to setup the triple boot process inorder to allow Windows ME to be the default OS when being ask to choose... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cia
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bootup Error

Hi all The following error was displayed when a sco server (5.0.5) was booted. What should be done to overcome the problem. Replies appreciated. Bios 03.0 0130688 KB memory good 01 processor(s) in system remote console dialing on, please wait connect fail : modem off cpu clock... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why not automatic bootup

Evry time I start up my mavhine ,have to type in unix at Boot : Is there a way unix should bootup automatically? Asif (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asif iqbal
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to start ssh at bootup

Hi i installed ssh of version v 1.21 and my AIX is of 5.3. I want to start my ssh deamon at the startup can any one please help me out reg.. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmalla
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX server freezes on bootup

Issue: AIX server freezes on bootup. Server AIX ver 4.3.3.0 When the AIX server reboots it negotiates NIS. During startup of NFS, customer gets one or more of the following error messages: 0513-056 Timeout waiting for command response. If you specified a foreign host, see the /etc/inittab file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srzaman1
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple runlevel options at Bootup

Is it possible to give multiple runlevel options during boot up.. When the Welcome screen appears, i want to give multiple runlevel options.. So the user can boot into any desired runlevel he wants.. Found this kinda interesting.. Any hints and solutions please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
2 Replies

7. AIX

File system not mounting at bootup

Hi, I've got a recent problem with 2 file systems on an AIX 5.3 server. The fs's are marked to auto mount at startup and do show as being mounted after a a restart however if you cd to the mount point and 'df -g .' it shows the fs hasn't actually mounted. $ mount |grep SQLT0001.0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootup sequence

What is the boot up sequence in UNIX? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
2 Replies

9. Linux

Script under rc3.d not being executed on server bootup

Hello all, I have a script callled 'ABCstartup' setup under /etc/rc.d/init.d Softlink 'S91ABCstartup' pointing to above script has been created under /etc/rc.d/rc3.d The script is not being executed when the server restarts. The script runs successfully via manual execution:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
5 Replies

10. SCO

Error F painit on bootup

I have a known good external SCSI HD running SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7. I decided that I wanted to be able to run this drive on another computer, so I bought the same SCSI card as before (LSI) and then attempted to boot on the other system. The bootup process hung with the error F painit. I've... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
13 Replies
timedsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     timedsetup(8)

NAME
timedsetup - Performs initial setup of the time server daemon (timed). SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/timedsetup DESCRIPTION
The timedsetup command is an interactive script that can be used to perform initial time service configuration for your system. By default, timed does not start at boot time. The timedsetup script asks if you want the timed daemon to be started at boot time, and prompts you for any options to pass to the timed daemon whenever it is invoked. The script then starts the timed daemon. For more information on the timed options, see the timed(8) reference page. Note The timed daemon is provided for compatibility. Tru64 UNIX also provides support for the Network Time Protocol (NTP) through the xntpd daemon. Compaq recommends you use NTP for time synchronization. If your system is configured to run NTP, the timedsetup command passes the -E and -M options to the timed daemon by default. If you plan to run both the timed daemon and NTP, you should configure NTP first. RESTRICTIONS
In configurations with two or more hosts each connected to the same two or more subnetworks, only one of the host can run the timed with the -M option. FILES
Specifies the command pathname The timed startup and shutdown script Specifies timed parameters pertinent to a specific system SEE ALSO
Commands: timed(8), xntpd(8) timedsetup(8)