Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: newbie
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers newbie Post 46003 by RTM on Wednesday 7th of January 2004 10:07:44 AM
Old 01-07-2004
Wolf2,

First read the rules of the forums. Then look at the FAQ forum from the main page. You will find answers/suggestions to your questions. No one can tell you what UNIX you need - that is a personal preference based on your needs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

help<newbie>

hello i would like to get a server so i may post websites on the web do i have to pay a lot of money to use someone else's server or is there a way to turn a computer into a basic server please help i am trying to find the most inexpensive way to get my own domain up on the web if this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skistar
1 Replies

2. Programming

help<newbie>

i am new to the programing enviroment i know html and some of cgi i would like to know how to creat programs i know nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! what do i need to get started where can i learn the language what language do i need to learn i tried scheme http://www.htdp.com it did not work out well... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skistar
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie needs help

hi i need some help on command grep and pipe but the man grep and man pipe doesn't help me much is there any site show more detail help on all the unix command?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I know I'm jsut a newbie, I'm setting up a 1.3 ghz dell as a server. I have experiance using Windows for a webserver, and I was jsut woundering if I would have great difficulty using Unix. is there there like netscape for internet? is there like word? can you listen to Mp3s? can someone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Special K
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie in need of help

Hey all. I am a MS person that is looking to get into real computing for a change. I have seen a few different references to "UNIX Essentials and Core" DVD in different newbie threads and a quick intraweb search on Google only comes up with links to this forum and an Amazon review. Does anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfjohnsn
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Hello Guys, I just join the unix world today, I had my first lesson on unix today. So expect so much questions from me the next time I log in. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micko
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX newbie NEWBIE question!

Hello everyone, Just started UNIX today! In our school we use solaris. I just want to know how do I setup Solaris 10 not the GUI one, the one where you have to type the commands like ECHO, ls, pwd, etc... I have windows xp and I also have vmware. I hope I am not missing anything! :p (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanamachi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie (question 2)

Hello everyone, I am having to do a lot of perl scripting these days and I am learning a lot. I have this problem I want to move files from a folder and all its sub folders to one parent folder, they are all .gz files.. there is folder1\folder2\*.gz and there are about 50 folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xytiz
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help me... im a newbie

please help me with my assignment. i have no background with unix programming. so please do help me. here is the problem Develop a utility that will enhance the current file management and organization functions of Linux. You may use existing file management commands to create... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaesen_b23
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl newbie . &&..programming newbie

Hi, I am new to programming and also to perl..But i know 'perl' can come to my rescue, But I am stuck at many places and need help..any small help is much appreciated... below is the description of what i intend to acheive with my script. I have a files named in this format... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xytiz
13 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AutoLearnThreshold(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	 Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AutoLearnThreshold(3)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AutoLearnThreshold - threshold-based discriminator for Bayes auto-learning SYNOPSIS
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AutoLearnThreshold DESCRIPTION
This plugin implements the threshold-based auto-learning discriminator for SpamAssassin's Bayes subsystem. Auto-learning is a mechanism whereby high-scoring mails (or low-scoring mails, for non-spam) are fed into its learning systems without user intervention, during scanning. Note that certain tests are ignored when determining whether a message should be trained upon: o rules with tflags set to 'learn' (the Bayesian rules) o rules with tflags set to 'userconf' (user configuration) o rules with tflags set to 'noautolearn' Also note that auto-learning occurs using scores from either scoreset 0 or 1, depending on what scoreset is used during message check. It is likely that the message check and auto-learn scores will be different. USER OPTIONS
The following configuration settings are used to control auto-learning: bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam n.nn (default: 0.1) The score threshold below which a mail has to score, to be fed into SpamAssassin's learning systems automatically as a non-spam message. bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam n.nn (default: 12.0) The score threshold above which a mail has to score, to be fed into SpamAssassin's learning systems automatically as a spam message. Note: SpamAssassin requires at least 3 points from the header, and 3 points from the body to auto-learn as spam. Therefore, the minimum working value for this option is 6. perl v5.12.1 2010-03-16 Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AutoLearnThreshold(3)