Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) I need your input apple people. Post 45843 by powermac on Saturday 3rd of January 2004 12:39:48 PM
Old 01-03-2004
iBook

I purchased the G4 800 iBook. My reason was that I have a 1g powermac, with 17' flat. I did not want to duplicate what I all ready had.

The iBook 12 is nice and portable. The improvement is screen and keyboard (over prior versions) is among the first noticeable difference. The speed with the G4 is sweet, and the addition of Ram really makes a significant difference.

My friends have a 12 and 15 inch powerbook. When I compare them to my iBook, the quality of design and detail is noticeable. The screen is much better on the powerbook.

Conclusion, I use my iBook to write my reports for work, and the basics. I am pleased with the iBook. Purchase the extended warranty and ram when you can.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Programming

Input data control (need some adviced from other people)

This is the situation. I'm in doubt where to integeate some functions for taking user input which then must be transfered in the production database. I usually tend put everything in frontend application so database can be just a database, no other functions except storing and fetching data on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies
pnmpsnr(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   pnmpsnr(1)

NAME
pnmpsnr - compute the difference between two portable anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmpsnr [pnmfile1] [pnmfile2] DESCRIPTION
Reads two PBM, PGM, or PPM files, or PAM equivalents, as input. Prints the peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR) difference between the two images. This metric is typically used in image compression papers to rate the distortion between original and decoded image. If the inputs are PBM or PGM, pnmpsnr prints the PSNR of the luminance only. Otherwise, it prints the separate PSNRs of the luminance, and chrominance (Cb and Cr) components of the colors. The PSNR of a given component is the ratio of the mean square difference of the component for the two images to the maximum mean square difference that can exist betwee any two images. It is expressed as a decibel value. The mean square difference of a component for two images is the mean square difference of the component value, comparing each pixel with the pixel in the same position of the other image. For the purposes of this computation, components are normalized to the scale [0..1]. The maximum mean square difference is identically 1. So the higher the PSNR, the closer the images are. A luminance PSNR of 20 means the mean square difference of the luminances of the pixels is 100 times less than the maximum possible difference, i.e. 0.01. SEE ALSO
pnm(5) 04 March 2001 pnmpsnr(1)