Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Timeout period
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Timeout period Post 4555 by Nadeem Mistry on Thursday 26th of July 2001 09:36:16 AM
Old 07-26-2001
Timeout period

How do i increase the timeout period of a telnet session?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

record wc -l over 24 hour period

I need to keep track of this output echo "dis chs(*)" | runmqsc | grep RUNNING | wc -l I need to record that count once an hour 24 hours a day and write to a file with the date and time it was run. Any idea on how to do this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Shell script to chec timeout period when collecting files in directory - HELP

Hi, I have a shell script which is to perform a check if all 4 particular type of files exists in a directory. If ALL 4 files are present within a specific Timeframe, then tar these files and zip it. If not all 4 files are present in the directory after the specific timeframe, then tar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Danny Fang
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

output result (period -1)

hello, I have the following basic script which input the period, but I would like to output is period -1.. how? echo Please input period (yyyymm): read PERIOD OUTPUT=$PERIOD -1 echo " you request period -1 is $OUT" input 200705 output 200704 input 200701 output 200612 The above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get rid of the last period (.)

Hello, I'm able to trim down the log message to "192.168.1.0.", but can't get rid off the last period. Can any one help me on the syntax to get rid of the last period? Basically, I want "192.168.1.0" instead of "192.168.1.0." Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannytrinh
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Am confused - The all important . (period) - ????

Hi, My apologies if this question is so trivial ... I guess there really is a room for dummies ... :o Anyway, just wanting to know if someone can please explain what the dot (.) infront of the command or script does and why it works and does not work in the following? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Quota grace period

how to increase quota grace period of a paticular user (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramuk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to get all dates for given period

i need a text file which contains all dates between given period i.e 01.05.2011 to 12.06.2011 Pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert period after each number?

stupid question: trying to use sed to do the following... $ echo '12345' | sed 's/./&./g' 1.2.3.4.5. needed this instead: 1.2.3.4.5 but how? please advise (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the Files between Time Period

All, How to get the list of files through a unix command which exists / created / updated between 8 PM to 11:59 PM from a particular location. Regards Oracle User (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Occurrences of if a value in 24 hr period

The following is a sample of the data I am working with: ID#___Hour ID=10008 19 ID=10008 20 ID=10014 19 ID=10014 20 ID=21047 20 Need to get the following output: ID#_______0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23 ID=10008 ------------------**--- ID=10014 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c@rlos
4 Replies
SSL_CTX_set_timeout(3)						      OpenSSL						    SSL_CTX_set_timeout(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_set_timeout, SSL_CTX_get_timeout - manipulate timeout values for session caching SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> long SSL_CTX_set_timeout(SSL_CTX *ctx, long t); long SSL_CTX_get_timeout(SSL_CTX *ctx); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_set_timeout() sets the timeout for newly created sessions for ctx to t. The timeout value t must be given in seconds. SSL_CTX_get_timeout() returns the currently set timeout value for ctx. NOTES
Whenever a new session is created, it is assigned a maximum lifetime. This lifetime is specified by storing the creation time of the session and the timeout value valid at this time. If the actual time is later than creation time plus timeout, the session is not reused. Due to this realization, all sessions behave according to the timeout value valid at the time of the session negotiation. Changes of the timeout value do not affect already established sessions. The expiration time of a single session can be modified using the SSL_SESSION_get_time(3) family of functions. Expired sessions are removed from the internal session cache, whenever SSL_CTX_flush_sessions(3) is called, either directly by the application or automatically (see SSL_CTX_set_session_cache_mode(3)) The default value for session timeout is decided on a per protocol basis, see SSL_get_default_timeout(3). All currently supported protocols have the same default timeout value of 300 seconds. RETURN VALUES
SSL_CTX_set_timeout() returns the previously set timeout value. SSL_CTX_get_timeout() returns the currently set timeout value. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_CTX_set_session_cache_mode(3), SSL_SESSION_get_time(3), SSL_CTX_flush_sessions(3), SSL_get_default_timeout(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_CTX_set_timeout(3)