Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: www.unix.com
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators www.unix.com Post 45289 by auswipe on Wednesday 17th of December 2003 02:21:09 PM
Old 12-17-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by Optimus_P
i tried that but the corporate grinches said "ho ho ho heres an abicus"
They should get with the times and at least give you a sliderule! Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New www.unix.com search

PUZZLED: How can I search for posts on 'VI' if by the new rules (or maybe they are old) I get the messge: "The search term you specified (vi) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sierra_aar
13 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

scripts/programs/code posted to www.unix.com

Every now and then our users post complete programs to this site. It is especially important that these contributions don't get lost, so I will collect them here. Some of these programs are intended to demonstrate a programming technique and some are ready to run. As a guideline, the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Access to https://www.unix.com/source?

Folks, Hope this is not a newbie question, but it might end up being that. I wanted to retrieve the source code for unix_linux_bench as directed on https://www.unix.com/linux-benchmarks/11175-instructions-linux-benchmarks.html When one clicks on the links specified for download, the browser... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagdalule
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Problem connecting to www.unix.com

I've been having a problem connecting to the forum. I know it is just something with my computer but I have no idea what it is. It started last week. Every time I connect I get this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <rss version="2.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Www.UNIX.com is slow today ???

Hi, Just wanting to know if there is any issues today with the site. Initially I thought it is my internet connection or computer but regardless which one I use, the site has been slow and it is also not showing with the right fonts etc. I've been trying for the last 12+ hours and it's always been... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
21 Replies
Net(3)							User Contributed Perl Documentation						    Net(3)

NAME
Gimp::Net - Communication module for the gimp-perl server. SYNOPSIS
use Gimp; DESCRIPTION
For Gimp::Net (and thus commandline and remote scripts) to work, you first have to install the "Perl-Server" extension somewhere where Gimp can find it (e.g in your .gimp/plug-ins/ directory). Usually this is done automatically while installing the Gimp extension. If you have a menu entry "<Xtns"/Perl-Server> then it is probably installed. The Perl-Server can either be started from the "<Xtns"> menu in Gimp, or automatically when a perl script can't find a running Perl-Server. When started from within The Gimp, the Perl-Server will create a unix domain socket to which local clients can connect. If an authorization password is given to the Perl-Server (by defining the environment variable "GIMP_HOST" before starting The Gimp), it will also listen on a tcp port (default 10009). Since the password is transmitted in cleartext, using the Perl-Server over tcp effectively lowers the security of your network to the level of telnet. Even worse: the current Gimp::Net-protocol can be used for denial of service attacks, i.e. crashing the Perl-Server. There also *might* be buffer-overflows (although I do care a lot for these). ENVIRONMENT
The environment variable "GIMP_HOST" specifies the default server to contact and/or the password to use. The syntax is [auth@][tcp/]host- name[:port] for tcp, [auth@]unix/local/socket/path for unix and spawn/ for a private gimp instance. Examples are: www.yahoo.com # just kidding ;) yahoo.com:11100 # non-standard port tcp/yahoo.com # make sure it uses tcp authorize@tcp/yahoo.com:123 # full-fledged specification unix/tmp/unx # use unix domain socket password@unix/tmp/test # additionally use a password authorize@ # specify authorization only spawn/ # use a private gimp instance spawn/nodata # pass --no-data switch spawn/gui # don't pass -n switch CALLBACKS
net() is called after we have succesfully connected to the server. Do your dirty work in this function, or see Gimp::Fu for a better solu- tion. FUNCTIONS
server_quit() sends the perl server a quit command. get_connection() return a connection id which uniquely identifies the current connection. set_connection(conn_id) set the connection to use on subsequent commands. "conn_id" is the connection id as returned by get_connection(). BUGS
(Ver 0.04) This module is much faster than it ought to be... Silly that I wondered wether I should implement it in perl or C, since perl is soo fast. AUTHOR
Marc Lehmann <pcg@goof.com> SEE ALSO
perl(1), Gimp. perl v5.8.0 2001-12-06 Net(3)