Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting command unix to list all files created since n month ago Post 44913 by yacsil on Friday 12th of December 2003 08:25:51 AM
Old 12-12-2003
list all files created since 3 months ago

hello,

thank you for you'r answering.

I try find -newer, but it didn't do what Iwant.

My goal is ths list all files that were created since 3 months or more from the current date

ex. if the date is 01-12-2003 , then I want to list all files created before 01-09-2003.

Thank's

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting files created before two days ago

Dear All: I want to build a shell that delete files created two or more days ago ... I think it could be built using a special command with ls or grep, I'd apreciate any help from you guys I have a lot of log files from november, december, january and this tool will help me a lot The files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to process files created an hour ago

Hello all, I would like to ask for an advice on how to deal with the following scenario. Every now and then, our ERP system creates an interface text file with the following file format - XORD????.DLD where ???? is a sequence number. We can have 1 or more XORD files created in an hour. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: negixx
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

display files created in a particular month

hi, i m new to unix. I have been trying to find all the files in my home directory and its subdirectories that are created in the month of september. Can anyone please help me with this??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t_harsha18
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file was created before 15 days ago.

How can I get difference date between today and 15 days ago and all filename is was created before 15 days ago? It has to be korn shell script. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: YoungBlood
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to run first day of month to calculate date 3 months ago

Hi, I would like to find out how can i calculate a date which is 3 months ago. I intend to run a cron job on the 1st of every month, and calculate the month 4 months earlier from the date. For example, if today's date is 1st May 2007, i would like to return 012007( January 2007). i can get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

6. Solaris

command to list files that are created before some date

Can you please let me know the command to list the files that are created before some date, this we want to use for the following Eg: Move all the files that got created before 2006 to new folder in Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find unix file created how many days ago?

i want to find unix file created how many days ago? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

list of files modified 10 hours ago using grep

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is the question: Make a list of files in your home directory that were changed less that 10 hours ago,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fight4love
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check how many minutes ago the last file created

Hi , I need help in getting how many minutes ago the last file, matching some pattern in file name, was created in a folder. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To copy files which are created in particular month

Hi GUys, I need to copy the files which are created on particuar month for eg ls dir Jul 12 12:46 apple.txt Jun 16 15:58 file.txt i need to copy only files which are created on current month Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
11 Replies
CAL_FROM_JD(3)								 1							    CAL_FROM_JD(3)

cal_from_jd - Converts from Julian Day Count to a supported calendar

SYNOPSIS
array cal_from_jd (int $jd, int $calendar) DESCRIPTION
cal_from_jd(3) converts the Julian day given in $jd into a date of the specified $calendar. Supported $calendar values are CAL_GREGORIAN, CAL_JULIAN, CAL_JEWISH and CAL_FRENCH. PARAMETERS
o $jd - Julian day as integer o $calendar - Calendar to convert to RETURN VALUES
Returns an array containing calendar information like month, day, year, day of week, abbreviated and full names of weekday and month and the date in string form "month/day/year". EXAMPLES
Example #1 cal_from_jd(3) example <?php $today = unixtojd(mktime(0, 0, 0, 8, 16, 2003)); print_r(cal_from_jd($today, CAL_GREGORIAN)); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [date] => 8/16/2003 [month] => 8 [day] => 16 [year] => 2003 [dow] => 6 [abbrevdayname] => Sat [dayname] => Saturday [abbrevmonth] => Aug [monthname] => August ) SEE ALSO
cal_to_jd(3), jdtofrench(3), jdtogregorian(3), jdtojewish(3), jdtojulian(3), jdtounix(3). PHP Documentation Group CAL_FROM_JD(3)